Simpsons at risk to being canceled! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 11:36 AM
Feed

I`m a little bit saddened by this news.

And more so by some of the reactions.

Times changed, they changed with it. It happens.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 11:58 AM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Aye, I've watched the Simpsons for donkeys, loved futurama (currently still laughing my feckin head off at it on the reruns at the moment), love family guy and american dad.

The Simpsons for me started losing its humour years ago, when they started making homer go from a little bit stupid, to worlds most stupidest man and the stories went ridiculous with it.

Shame like because I'll still watch the simpsons when it's on regardless! Fox you buffoons

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 09:25 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Don't worry about it folks!

Either Fox will come to its senses and man up, or it will get cancelled and another channel will certainly pick it up. And if that happens, we'll probably get some fresh new material.

So why worry

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

They just signed a contract for 2 more years.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 06:39 AM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Huzzah told ye! They called me crazy but I told them!

post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 07:12 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
that is good news and its about time they kicked out another movie too,i have to admit i dont go out of my way to watch the simpsons, but its great to record and sit back and watch as a nice bit of filler,it entertains ,i get a laugh and its a good solid show.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Its a funny haha and great to catch random episodes. One day I will watch all 20+ season.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 11:34 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

meh, the simpsons are overrated, they stopped being funny years ago, while i never actually found futurama that funny. And i don't find the recent south park episodes funny either. of all animated adult comedies, only family guy seems to be getting progressively funnier as the seasons go by, and that is mainly due the the technical genius and imagination of Seth Macfarlane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 10:23 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
meh, the simpsons are overrated, they stopped being funny years ago, while i never actually found futurama that funny. And i don't find the recent south park episodes funny either. of all animated adult comedies, only family guy seems to be getting progressively funnier as the seasons go by, and that is mainly due the the technical genius and imagination of Seth Macfarlane.
Family Guy turned to shit after season six. That is what I and a friend, who until season six were huge Family Guy fans, both think. The Simpsons is like any other show, it has its good episodes and its bad episodes. People can say its quality is declining but I still think the show is hilarious, it has its failures like any other show but that doesn't mean the show as a whole is suffering.

Futurama is the same, though the more recent episodes are funnier than the older ones. Mainly because Bender is getting more screen time.

Professor: Behold, a time traveling machine.
Bender: Time? I can't go back there!
Professor: Ah, but this machine only goes forward in time. That way you can't accidentally change history or do something disgusting like sleep with your own grandmother.
Fry: I wouldn't want to do that again.

South Park is the same. Its come a long way, Cartman and Randy Marsh are the funniest characters in the show. And the recent episode "T.M.I" was the funniest episode ever! Had Cartman at his best, in a mad rage, and Randy's insane science and creation of The Pissed Off and Angry Party.

Family Guy on the other had is BS. I like Seth MacFarlane and American Dad is still one of my favourite comedies, because the changes they made to it worked. In Family Guy, the changes didn't. Peter was the idiotic dad who tried to help his family with stupid suggestions, but he meant well; now he's a sadistic bully who gets off on beating his family, pulling dangerous pranks and he's a complete retard (quite literally.) Lois is a whore, Meg is just a punching bag that serves no purpose in the show except for characters to vent their rage on by insulting and beating her, Chris is a dumbass who knows a lot about movies and serves as a target for an old paedophile, Brian is a whiny loser who isn't even tolerable anymore, and Stewie is a stereotypical homosexual who is just tired now. And Quagmire, he used to be hilarious. Now he's a whiny bitch who is either raping under-age women or telling Brian why he sucks.

And the cutaways. They are the biggest pile of crap i've seen in a long time. They used to be great, now they do a cutaway every 35 seconds and none of them are funny. Conway Twitty is the laziest thing i've ever see in television, rather than come up with something funny they just shoved six minutes of him singing into the show. It isn't funny and its a sign the show is dying.

Thats my opinion.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-26-11, 11:56 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

I hated Fox for cancelling Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Firefly, but this one was just too much.

45% reduction? THE SIMPSONS? Probably your best-recieved show next to Two and a Half men? What the furry fuck were you thinking?

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode