the fades anyone else watching? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-11, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default the fades anyone else watching?

anyone else enjoying this little BBC production? if you havent watched it and like supernatural tv shows i recommend watching it , the first two episodes should be on BBC i player, i wont go into any detail here but its been pretty amazing so far, its a bit zombie crossed with being human and some comedy thrown in, its based around a six form boy but its not full of false American teen twilight angst.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-11, 08:46 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

I am entertained by how well they have avoided the protagonists being extreme examples of humanity just because they have a supernatural shtick.

However, I am concerned by how many of the supporting characters are family of characters from other threads.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-11, 09:49 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I've been watching it, and I have to say I'm loving it. I am concerned that our main character is going to end up being something of a Deus Ex given he's already demonstraited powers from other individuals that only displayed one... but otherwise, its a really interesting show that doesn't seem to stick to any stereotypes...

As for the supporting characters being family/friends etc... as our main characters guide pointed out 'Its all connected'.

And don't sully it with talk of Twilight.... Its in a compltely different, better league and no-where near as gay.... despite my suspicions about one character. lol
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 08:13 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

We are loving Fades in our house, and its a bit disappointing its only a short series. I like all the interconnectivity of the families. The constant talking of Mac and his super geekyness with Paul are very entertaining.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 10:33 AM

Indeed; one more episode.

I still find the interconnection a little forced, although less so than in he beginning.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 11:35 AM

I missed the last ep, need to get around to finding the time to watch it on Iplayer, or catch the repeat later.

Its annoying that they make series like this so short... I'd love this to be a 12 episode series. But then, would we hav ehad what we've seen so far dragged out even further, with alot more filler? Short and punchy works for this show... but i would have loved to see more.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 11:43 AM

Based on the amount of unresolved issues I am concerned that they will either wrap it up next week without resolving them or they will stretch it to another season by revealing another twist.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 11:48 AM

I'm guessing the same and that this show may end up something like Being Human... in that we may see more angelics and more 'ghouls' and types of undead turning up...

Personally, unless its in the last ep and I mised it... I want to know what the hell is up with all the dead birds... and why Ascention was closed and the ghosts got trapped.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode