first pictures of man of steel - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

smallvile = donkey poo

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 10:36 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

To be fair, Smallville was good when it started.. but as the seasons rolled on and he moved out of Smallville, it went downhill and got worse, and hasn't really picked up appart from the occasional good episode.

The movies though... theres not been a good Superman movie since the 2nd Christopher Reeve one.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post

The movies though... theres not been a good Superman movie since the 2nd Christopher Reeve one.
wash your mouth out! 3 was awesome ,4 however was possibly the worst movie ever made

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 07:36 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
To be fair, Smallville was good when it started.. but as the seasons rolled on and he moved out of Smallville, it went downhill and got worse, and hasn't really picked up appart from the occasional good episode.
I liked the first series, but not so much afterwards. The only time I seem to like reading/watching superman is when he isn't superman. Kent is probably my favourite bits of the donner films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
wash your mouth out! 3 was awesome ,4 however was possibly the worst movie ever made
I watched 3 quite a lot, superman being a dick is always funny. Annie Ross turning into a robot used to scare the crap out of me when i was younger.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 11:00 AM

My bad! 3 was good, I forgot about the first one and thought that the second with Zod and co was the first. lol.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 04:41 PM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

I really wish they would make a decent Darksied or Doomsday superman flick. Don't see why the couldn't.

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-11, 10:05 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

The color palette is dark again. Sigh. Bruce Timm got it right--Superman (and by extension, Metropolis) should be in bright primaries and in bright light. Batman is the one that should be in dark, subdued colors and in the shadows and gloom.

Still, I'll reserve judgment, after all Zod and Faora have yet to show up in stills. Considering its become a meme, I'm not sure how I'd react to a "Kneel before Zod!" exclamation. As for Faora, I wonder which one will be depicted? I'm hoping for the one that was man-hating serial-killer martial artist who shot out forc--I mean, mental lightning.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 06:41 AM

BJORN's Flag is: USA

Superman is the dumbest superhero ever. Why does holy-wood cling onto these ancient, stupid heroes? Another piece of crap churned out for us Americans to devour and call art. Blah
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 07:06 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

as if we didnt have enough superman bulshit yet.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJORN View Post
Superman is the dumbest superhero ever. Why does holy-wood cling onto these ancient, stupid heroes? Another piece of crap churned out for us Americans to devour and call art. Blah
Your obviously trolling... but lets point out how stupidly clueless you are shall we?

Superman is, and has always been portrayed as the 'All American Hero'. The quintisential 'super man'. He was inventend during the depression period of American history between the War's when America needed a boost to its failing image. Origionally Superman couldn't fly and didn't have most of his fantastical powers, its later authors who added them in that turned him into the 'Deus Ex Machina' of today in an attempt to make the posterboy american hero better then all the others.

The fact is at the time, there was nothing like him out there. Its like todays modern age... When The Matrix came out, no-one had seen anything like it before, so everyone jumped on the cyberpunk bandwagon and started using bullet time. So, because there was nothing like him, interest in him grew and he became popular with the masses. He was a classic and the first image everyone jumped to when they thought of a 'super hero'.

Now as for Ancient characters... Batman, Green Lantern, Thor, The X-men, and many others... all invented decades ago and have undergone numerous reimaginings, yet your not knocking them as ancient and stupid are you? Can you seriously name me one modern superhero of the past say... 5 years who has done anything to become anywhere near as popular? Appart from Kick-ass and Scott Pilgrim, there aren't any... and they've had to struggle through and it was only really the movie that pushed them into mainstream popularity.

Seriously.. if your gonna troll, get a clue about what your talking about.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode