RIP - Amy Winehouse. - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-11, 11:12 PM

I lived very close to her and met her a few times, we have a few friends in common. She was a very talented individual. However, how she went out she will be remembered as an ironic tragedy, especially her rehab song.

I would love to remember her like
Unfortunately she will probably be remembered as this:

I think fame got to her, most other musicians in her position were so beauty conscious, she was beautiful but in her own different way, she might have been self conscious so went to drugs because she couldn't handle the fame. From my friends who knew her, apparently her attitude was that she didn't give a shit, and thought it was funny that people cared that she did drugs. Its a shame what happened to her, but in my opinion, addicts and alcoholics paint themselves as victims, but really who are they kidding, it isn't a disease as much as they claim it is. Nobody forces them to do it.

Its a shame that someone with such an amazing voice, with so much talent has gone this way and will be remembered for many of the wrong reasons.

Also, why does Hendrix, Winehouse, Cobain all die, yet justin bieber and chris brown still live long enough to collaborate? There is no justice in the world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-11, 11:33 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Think people need to get off their high horses about Amy Winehouse. Waste of talent? Died young? You know which other people had alot of talent and died young? All those soldiers in Afghanistan who have been and are still being killed. Difference is they died doing something important, not wasting their lives on drugs and booze. Couldn't give two shits about her.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-24-11, 01:30 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-24-11, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Broken links - Surprisingly appropriate?

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-24-11, 10:43 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Think people need to get off their high horses about Amy Winehouse. Waste of talent? Died young? You know which other people had alot of talent and died young? All those soldiers in Afghanistan who have been and are still being killed. Difference is they died doing something important, not wasting their lives on drugs and booze. Couldn't give two shits about her.

Perfect. Nothing to add from me.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-24-11, 10:58 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Aaaaand with that, Angel of Blood reaches into the warp and perfectly reads my mind.

Nothing to add to this, as I feel quite the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-24-11, 11:20 AM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
It's both equally sadding, i'm sorry, but in Amy's case it's her own fault for using enough forbidden substances that god would start foaming at the beard by the tought of it. It's the jobs hazzard. In the other case it's because they choose an occupation where the chances are that you get shot up is pretty real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobss, the troll that can't be pitchforked
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade and Grish, long time ago on a old chat
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
*Grish stops smelling his new BRB
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

Last edited by Darkblade; 07-24-11 at 07:27 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode