Torchwood - Miracle Day - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Default Torchwood - Miracle Day

Just watched the first episode of the latest Torchwood series...excellent. It's always been a fairly gritty series but this new one is top stuff. Laughed my arse off when they

Looking forward to the rest of the series - Eve Myles...looking fine as ever plus some top American totty too - what more could you ask for.

Last edited by Cypher871; 07-15-11 at 10:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 09:53 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Dude, spoilers for people who haven't been able to see it yet.

But yeah, looks like it should be a pretty good series. It hasn't suffered from being americanised.... yet... That 'This Season' trailer a the end was rather pointless, but it looks like its going to develope into an interesting story.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Innovative Forge-Lord

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 10:32 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I dunno, it's not a typical sci fi series in that the good guys usually get owned. I don't know why it's returned, I'm assuming it's to do with the Americans, as an American company part funding it I've been told, but compared to other sci fi series, I always thought it was second rate and a little "out" there.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Innovative Forge-Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I dunno, it's not a typical sci fi series in that the good guys usually get owned. I don't know why it's returned, I'm assuming it's to do with the Americans, as an American company part funding it I've been told, but compared to other sci fi series, I always thought it was second rate and a little "out" there.
But that's the whole point...it's a Dr Who spin off but it's the antithesis of everything about Dr Who. Violence, swearing and really aimed at an adult audience.

I have always applauded it's direction and storylines...I was sad to see it end but happy it's back. Will we see more than just the odd episode run? This is in 10 episodes I think but I would love to see a regular series again.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 11:00 AM

eupluvian's Flag is: Australia

Definitely a grown up series, and quite impressed to see RTD was writing for it. He seems to have a bit of a magic touch with Sci Fi stories. Not saying Dr Who is poorer without him but he just seems to have that little bit extra.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-11, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Innovative Forge-Lord

Watched the second episode tonight, was more of a scene setter I think. Some quite funny scenes, especially with Gwen.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-11, 07:14 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

im enjoying it for the most part but not very happy with the obvious US influence and style the series has taken,i dont need a reminder at the start of the show(because i was watching it last week and dont have the attention span of a gnat) and i dont need a "next time on torchwood" at the end (because i have sky plus and its series linked) and i feel a little insulted that they keep popping up a subtitle with the location on with the country, If you dont know where in the world Heathrow airport is im fairly sure torchwood isnt your kind show!

moving a bit too slowly for my liking too, episode 2 already felt like filler episode,but it had some good moments and some gruesome special effects that were done very well,im enjoying the story,i like the premise, its in effect a twist on a zombie story line, plus so far its been much less gay than previous torchwood's, i dont have a problem with gay people or gay people doing gay things, but RTD really shoehorned in alot of gayness in to the first two series that wasnt required for the story.
Torchwood is far more adult orientated and i have enjoyed them all, children of earth was amazing! cant help thinking that something of this scale would attract the Doctor's attention however....would be nice to see a cross over out side of the doctor who series.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode