Top 5s - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-11, 07:37 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH View Post
Lol, I brainfarted. Jackmann is one of the leads, not that prissy, gay, british cocksucker I mentioned.

And maybe it doesn't really deserve to be in the top 5. But neither does V for Vendetta if I were to pick the best of the best. But I can never make up my mind on these things. And my taste in movies likely isn't as refined as yours. After all, I just watch I find amusing, however lame it is.
I genuinely want to watch the Hugh grant version. The whole idea of re-shooting it scene for scene with Hugh in super foppish, rom-com mode sounds amazing

As for taste in movies, I agree completely. My 5 would be different every day of the year.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-11, 09:35 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

This list is my no means really my top 5, as i couldn't possible pick just 5 of my favourite films/shows and invariably i will forget some that should be there. So this is just a selection of 5 from my massive favourite list.

Film:
1. Black Hawk Down - Yes i'm saying it aswell. I truly think this film is one of the best, the acting is superb, the action, cinematography and epic moments all turn it into an classic for me, and to be fair i think they did very well in sticking to the actual event as best as you can do in a film. Oh and the line "Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way" is possibly my favourite quote of all time, oh and the score that goes with that scene, incredible.

2. Avatar - Yes the plot was shit, alot could be said about the cast, plot etc of the film, but no one can deny that visually it was a masterpiece. If you didn't see it in 3D in the cinema then you may aswell not bother, but seriously, its effects are unprecedented.

3. Snatch - "I though you said he was a getaway driver? What the fuck is it he can get away from eh?!" If you haven't seen this Guy Ritchie classic (along with Lock Stock before it) than you've missed out and i demand you watch it asap. One of the most quotable and funny films in history, perfectly cast, perfectly scripted, just brilliant.

4. Sunshine - Bit of a marmite one, some love it, some hate it. I'm on the loving side. I personally though it was amazing, some people say they hate it because of the admitedly absurd idea of restarting the sun by throwing a epic-nuke into it. But thats not really what its all about. Its to me all about the characters, their different philosiphies and ideologies and motivations. Maces uncomprimising attitude of the mission being more important than anything else, Searles obsession with the (frankly magnificent when you think about it) Sun, etc. The score was also amazing.

5. Kick-Ass - Come on, have you ever watched more of a fun and jaw droppingly over the top superhero film? Whats not to like! The music, cast, scenes, comedy, action are all excellent. And what other film can you find a little 14 year old girl calling people cunts and slicing, dicing, shooting and generally fucking up everyones day in?

TV:
1. Scrubs - Despite the fact that it was a comedy and full of slapstick jokes, characters and plot lines, it still had some of the most heart-warming and heart-breaking moments of any show i've seen. Dr.Cox is probably my hero to be honest!

2. Greys Anatomy - I'm a massive fan of anything medical and am drawn to medical shows like a moth to the flame. Though the majority of them just don't interest me beyond this, Scrubs and House. Some truly emtional story lines and episodes, but also with just the right amount of humour. The cast though are all what make it work.

3. House - Well would you look at that, another medical drama. How anyone cannot like House is beyond me, its just a relief i'm not a doctor otherwise i might try and emulate him and probably face more lawsuits than history has seen. Despite being such a huge jackass, he's just so likeable, his wit is out of this world, narcism and general cruelty and blunt manner make him one of my favourite characters.

4. Supernatural - I love this show as much as Dean loves pie. The chemisty between the brothers is unparralled, i could easily believe the two actors were infact brothers in real life aswell. The stories just keep getting better, and in the introduction of Castiel was one of the best moves of the show. Yes a recurring theme here, but once again a great blend of drama/action and comedy.

5. Smallville - just has to be on this list. The starts quite slow, the first few seasons being quite hard to get through if i'm honest. But then it just kept picking up steam and carried on getting better. The ten seasons was just a mega story of showing how the farmboy from the small quiet town of Smallville became Superman and the rise of Lex Luthor.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-16-11, 04:00 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't want many movies so just the Star Wars series, Pirates of the Caribbean, and most anything with Will Ferrell is what would make my list.

TV, now that I do watch a lot of:

1. Supernatural - The best show on TV imo. The characters are deeply fascinating, dramatically amazing and hilariously funny. Castiel and Bobby are two of the best sidekicks and mentors on TV. Mark Sheppard as Crowley is an ultimate win, no matter how brief his appearance, easy to see why he's the longest recurring/surviving villain. And it gets better and better with each episode, never watched one that I didn't like.

2. 30 Rock - A fantastic comedy show. Tina Fey is a grand writer and Alec Baldwin deserves every award he's won for playing Jack Donaghy. The skit comedy fell out after season one for just more craziness from each cast member, of which Alec Baldwin's own brand of insanity is the best. I'd give anything to have his razor wit, mine is decent but no match for him.

3. Farscape - The best pure sci-fi show in the last decade. Clone Wars, Stargate Universe, BSG. All fail to match what Farscape accomplished. A lone human out there amongst the stars with bizarre aliens, living biomechanoid ships and brilliantly memorable villains. John Crichton is probably one of the best protagonists in sci-fi, he doesn't take much of it seriously and is irreverent as hell. Also has Scorpius, one of fiction's greatest villains, and some of the best death scenes around.

4. Leverage - Ocean's 11 meets Burn Notice. A team of ex-criminals who aid the little people by getting back at the rich and powerful. Every scene with Christian Kane is awesome, whether he's saying something smart or kicking ass, or even just about to do something cool.

5. Community - One of the zaniest comedy shows ever. It has paintball wars, zombie outbreaks, alternate timelines, a movie about God being a director and Jesus being the camera, and hilariously feminine costumes from Jim Rash's Dean Pelton.

- One of the show's most funny scenes.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode