I'm a heterosexual man and I like Twilight. - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 08:20 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

I would hazard a guess that if Richard Simmons and Elton John were in a room together, wearing pink chearleaders outfits while singing YMCA, and they saw Twilight being played, they would still comment on how it was just too gay.

That said, If you like it, you like it, and that doesn't necessarily mean anything about your personal sexuality, weather hetrosexual or flaming/fabulous (though I think your love of men in tights, like Captain America, might speak to that ).

However, putting aside the sparkly vampires that destroyed popular mythology, and the mary-sue leading man, I personally hate Twiglight because of how insipid and... well, weak they made the lead female - apparently a problem of the books as much as the movies, but still. The phrase "usless as a cardboard hammer" comes to mind, as does "couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag". She also has no discernible personality to speak of, sporting a vapid stare through most of the movie. She'll simply stand around making problems while her mary-sue boyfriend takes care of her. Even my Fiancee (who dragged me along to start with) never wants to see another twilight movie, but then neither of us are much into that sort of romance movie (which is on the level of a mills and boon novel, or a daniel steel book).

So anyway, I think it's perfectly OK that you like Twilight.... but good god, I'd only go and see another one if it went like this:

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
go watch Lost boys three times and god will forgive you
This.

I know it's very fashionable to hate Twilight and I usually eschew such things but holy fuck it's bad. The writing level of the books is awful, I mean not just poor but slash fiction bad. That said I think i'll watch the next one to see Paedo-wolk gets his moves on and to see Robert Patinson try to perform a caesarian section with his teeth.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #33 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 10:30 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

the only positive thing i can take from the twilight books is that there is every chance that if you crack out MS word and type some shit it may get made into a Hollywood blockbuster.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #34 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Isn't the Lost Boys a bit gay too?

post #35 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 11:29 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Go die in a ditch...

EDIT: That was meant in a friendly way. :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #36 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 11:35 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
well on the gay vampire scale i admit its not toe to toe with Blade for manlyness, but its got blood guts and murder plus the female lead is hot, not to mention possibly one of the best soundtracks from that era, granted there is alot of sausage in it, but most vampire movies have a hint of man love about them,Interview with a vampire is homoerotic and short of cruise,pitt,banderas,slater round robin its more gay than pride march, i dont think twilight is "gay" its "emo teen girl", to be honest if it had some sparkly vampire sex in it it might be watchable, sookie stackhouses breasts and jason's man whoring basicaly got me through 3 seasons of true blood

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #37 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 11:40 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Meh I can believe the OP. After all I met relatively normal adult males that watch my little pony, so I guess anything is possible.
Same here. Admittedly I investigated for curiosity`s sake, but the whole thing lost its appeal when the primary villain was defeated in the second episode. wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
the only positive thing i can take from the twilight books is that there is every chance that if you crack out MS word and type some shit it may get made into a Hollywood blockbuster.
Dude come on. That`s... really discouraging.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #38 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I love the idea of a gay vampire movie scale...

EDIT:
Quote:
Go die in a ditch...

EDIT: That was meant in a friendly way. :-P
This is from cracked.com:

Summary:
A handsome young man is targeted by vampires. Everyone is dressed like members of WHAM!

After moving to the flamboyant new town of Santa Carla, Michael falls in with a crowd of bad dudes after being attracted by the gang's sole female member, Star. Strangely, none of the fellas in the gang seems to be showing any interest in her, forcing Michael to conclude that they're all in serious relationships with other female vampires.
Michael follows Star back to the vampires' lair, where the leader of the pack, David, tricks Michael into swallowing some of his bodily fluids. Or maybe it's not a trick, and Michael is just so impressed at having been invited over to Jack Bauer's house that he does it voluntarily.

Pretty soon, Star is nowhere to be seen, and Michael demonstrates his loyalty to vampire-Jack Bauer by jumping off a bridge. He then lets his family know about his new lifestyle by coming home sporting the international sign of vampire-gang membership: a single ear piercing. Even his younger brother, Sam, who prides himself on his flamboyant "young Elton John" wardrobe, seems shocked by this.

Later, there's a rushed sex scene with Star which is obviously added to draw attention away from the flaming sexual tension between Michael and pale-Jack Bauer. However, it's not enough to distract us from the moment that propelled this movie onto the list. A moment that makes the gleaming man with his saxophone and studded codpiece seem as hetero as Brett Favre.

The moment to which we refer comes when Sam opens his not-at-all-metaphorical closet, resulting in a shot which has led to years of speculation by experts

Case rests.

Last edited by torealis; 07-13-11 at 11:44 AM.
post #39 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 11:41 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

We will place you on the gay side, now we need someone for the manly side :-D

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #40 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-13-11, 01:14 PM
nice boy, daft though !

ahh but lost boys was the 80's which as we all know was the straightest decade known to man, real men wore moustaches and vests , look how manly this guy was, not in the slightest gay

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode