I'm a heterosexual man and I like Twilight. - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 12:46 PM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Gotta say, some fun posting

Awesome thread is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 01:32 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

[QUOTE=Dawnstar;1028314]
No trick involved here mate. We actually do like the book/film/series. That is not a joke btw, totally serious. We understand it on a bit of a deeper level than some people do
I'm sure you do. To me it ust seems implied you like them because of identification. Which is all, from what I understand, is what these books really offer. So in a way, it's a trick. But that doesn't make it a problem. Certainly not when you know it is and don't care.

I hope that this is a joke, but even so it's nowhere remotely close to being funny

Well, fine. Masculinity jokes aren't really my forte anyway. They usually end up sounding offensive or like trolling. Maybe because sarcasm is harder to detect in text. Guess I should just have kept my fingers busy doing something else. Like....
[QUOTE]

So screw me in ass and call me Betty. But I did at least admit I had a crappy sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 02:36 PM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Yea, fair enough. Reading it again, I probably over-reacted a bit Sorry mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 04:30 PM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
I think Twilight, at least the first, accurately depicts what it's like to fall head over heels in love as a teenager.
If you have ever felt or acted like any of the characters mentioned in the books I really feel sorry for you man. And I don't mean that in a dick way. I just got out of high school where I dated the same girl on and off for 3 1/2 years and I can honestly say I've never had a desire to kill myself over her. I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to be that wrapped up in another person.

post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-18-11, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, that's why I only said the first book, in Whig I'm fairly sure she isn't suicidal. I meant in the sense of bein able to think about little else than the woman\man you're interested in.

Also, I disagree with dawn's assertion that I understand it on a deeper level than the others in this thread. I understand that it has no depth. I totally fell for the trick that someone else pointed out.

In terms of prose, it is total, utter shit. It's waaaaay over the top, written-to-film, sub-dan-brown garbage. But I still love it.

I also enjoyed angels and demons and the da Vinci code. Though I thought the lost symbol was spectacularly dull.

And lastly, to whoever criticised twilight's trailer for being unoriginal, see my thread on originality.

And lastly, you can't judge a film by it's trailer. If I'd done that, I would have missed actually good films like Bridge to Terabithia and Charlie St. Cloud.
If it were true vice versa, that would mean that Clash of the Titans (best trailer of last year) should have been good whereas it was a steaming turd.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode