Transformers 3d !! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-30-11, 11:55 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraithlord View Post
Oh and you guys complaining about the plot REALLY need to get a grip. Think about it: it is a Transformers movie, it isn't supposed to be a gripping and thought provoking movie but one that allows us to watch our favourite toys from back in the day kick the living shit out of each other, no more or less.
That's what I wanted!

At no point was I asking for a deep, ground breaking plot. I just don't want them to spend ridiculous amounts of money and screen time on absurd sub-plots that are ultimately pointless and flawed.

I'd love to see a film of my favourite toys kicking ass, but the humans have way more screen time than the robots, and most of my favourite toys barely grace the screen, or miss out in favour of Michael Bay's genericons.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Last edited by Varakir; 06-30-11 at 11:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-02-11, 08:00 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

There were just so many little things that annoyed me in it tbh. Spoilers ahead.

post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-11, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

loved it, best movie i have seen this year, great ending and sews up the trilogy nicely.

and wing suits are used by base jumpers all the time, not sure why people have a problem with them.

http://youtu.be/ttz5oPpF1Js

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-11, 01:45 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I thought the ending wasn't suitable for the end of an entire trilogy tbh.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-03-11, 08:27 PM
The Emperor Protects

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
loved it, best movie i have seen this year, great ending and sews up the trilogy nicely.

and wing suits are used by base jumpers all the time, not sure why people have a problem with them.

http://youtu.be/ttz5oPpF1Js
Yes wingsuits are used by alot of people. But if you believe for a second that they are capable of the level of flight shown in the movies then you are very very wrong.

There were no massively stand out moments for me in the film either. No bits that just made me think 'wow' make hairs stand on end or want to specifically watch again.

Whereas in the first film, which incidently is on tv and im watching now had loads.

- The SF team fighting Scorpinok and calling in the airstrike. The music was brilliant aswell.
- When Bumbleebee rescues Sam and Mikela and the fight afterwards. That music that kicks off when Bumblebee drives out of the dust really made it.
- The Autobots arrival, again the music(reocurring theme here!) was probably the best moment of the entire trilogy.
- Bumblebee being captured by Sector 7 was genuinely tugged a few strings for me.
- The opening fight in the city with Ironhide doing a helix twist etc was fucking awesome

And the pacing of the first film was just fine, something the third one(and second, though not so much) completely lacked.

Post merged.

Last edited by The Wraithlord; 07-09-11 at 03:09 PM.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-04-11, 06:44 PM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

I just saw it and I don't know if anyone has asked this yet but: (SPOILER ALERT!)

How the hell do you get taken prisoner if your arm is a gun?

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-04-11, 06:50 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

For what it was, I thought this movie was great. I loved it. It was fun, and exciting. TBH, it could best be described as a nerdy wet dream with high production values.
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-04-11, 07:29 PM
The Emperor Protects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldkiller View Post
I just saw it and I don't know if anyone has asked this yet but: (SPOILER ALERT!)

How the hell do you get taken prisoner if your arm is a gun?
Yeah i mentioned it in a way above. I mean we know they can take hits and not be killed, as evidenced throughout all three movies, so why the hell they are so afraid to make a move. The worst one is the Autobot who knows hes about to be executed, yet STILL doesn't attempt to go for a weapon. Then the others need like a split second distraction to begin kicking incredible amounts of Decepticon arse. In fact the other two(whose fucking arms are swords i might add!!) don't even really participate, it's manly Bumblebee killing everything in fucking sight, made more absurd by the fact that only moments before kicking ten shades of living fuck out of the Decepticons, he was about to be willingly executed by them!.

Seriously, the more i think about the film the more utterly retarded it becomes. You really do just have to hand over all continuinity, logic and intelligence at the door and spend the whole time gawping at the Transformers and Rosie, and completely ignore the fact that theirs supposedly a plot.
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 03:05 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Seriously, the more i think about the film the more utterly retarded it becomes. You really do just have to hand over all continuinity, logic and intelligence at the door and spend the whole time gawping at the Transformers and Rosie, and completely ignore the fact that theirs supposedly a plot.

And now the student learns. SPOT ON!
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 06:38 PM
The Emperor Protects

But what went wrong? The first film was so enjoyable, fun, well paced and generally awesome. The other two have just degenerated into a visual affair and nothing else

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode