Today I have mostly been watching.... - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 08:25 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: Wales

Spartacus Vengeance... episode 3. Sorry, this is no way as good as the first 2 series and I am rapidly losing interest. Faces are changing right, left and centre and its pi#sing me off!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've watched tons of stuff and haven't reviewed any of it :/

Most recently:

The Woman in Black: It's very good! Great atmospheric horror. It's nice to see a horror film that makes scant use of gore and jump scares, and instead just winds the tension up as tight as it will possibly go. Radcliffe is pretty good, though when he speaks it's hard to shake off the potter visage. Luckily his lines are few and far between in the meat of the film.

Chronicle: Great concept with irritating execution. Still a satisfying watch, but there are a lot of questionable decisions with the script.

The Artist: Much like Avatar, this was a brilliant 'cinema' experience. If it's still showing near you i'd highly recommend a viewing. Everything is flawlessly put together to create a riveting and massively charismatic film.

Shame: I got to watch this back in November, but it's doing the rounds in cinemas at the moment, and it's definitely worth a watch at some point. Performances are brilliant by both leads; together they craft a snapshot into the lives of two troubled individuals with mere whispers of history and character development. Definitely not a popcorn film, but a fantstically intriguing and captivating film.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #73 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 12:51 AM

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
I've watched tons of stuff and haven't reviewed any of it :/
I was beginning to think you had disappeared mate. Hadn't seen an update in ages. Life will do that sometimes though eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
Spartacus Vengeance... episode 3. Sorry, this is no way as good as the first 2 series and I am rapidly losing interest. Faces are changing right, left and centre and its pi#sing me off!
You sir, have no red blood running through your viens.

At the very least, its a voyeuristic piece of "arty" television. Admittedly, the new Spartacus is no Andy Whitfield, but he is trying - I dont think the script writers or the directing team have him on screen enough for us to get used to him.

So, I will agree and say that its maybe not as good as the first two seasons, but (and I'm probably sticking my neck out here) I honestly think that it will grow on us as we get used to the new character faces.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.
post #74 of 185 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecrepitDragon View Post
I was beginning to think you had disappeared mate. Hadn't seen an update in ages. Skyrim will do that sometimes though eh?

Fixed

I got a new PC and went crazy on games for a while. Heresy is now perma-tabbed and there's modelling shit all over my desk so i'm back in business

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Last edited by Serpion5; 02-25-12 at 04:41 AM.
post #75 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

King of Kong: Randomly browsing the net and found the film up on youtube. Very interesting documentary, with characters you just couldn't make up. Hardly thought provoking, but compelling viewing.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #76 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-03-12, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

This means War: Typical rom-com, but worth watching for Tom Hardy. Chris Pine isn't far behind, and they both make the most of a very inconsistent script.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #77 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-03-12, 07:25 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I just watched a few episodes of The Mighty Johnsons. It's actually quite good, pretty funny, and it does have some hot girls willing to get their baps out.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #78 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-03-12, 09:18 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Been watching Ghost in the Shell.
post #79 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-03-12, 09:52 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Great show, I'm not huge anime fan (have seen some othes like Hellsing, Berserk), but GITS is my favourite.

Or maybe you 're talking about movies? Haven't seen first two, only Solid Society which is connected to the series.

Films I've seen recently and want to recommend are Frost/Nixon and Harry Brown.
post #80 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-03-12, 11:47 PM
The Curmudgeon

jonileth's Flag is: USA

In an attempt to 'earn' my money today, I watched a little bit of the 2009 version of Star Trek in the break room today. Then I remembered I had other things to do... like work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode