Today I have mostly been watching.... - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 08:05 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night. Despite myself really wanting to see this film and like it, I fell asleep halfway through. I'll probably give it another run through later when I'm less tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-04-12, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Amazing Spiderman: Good film and really enjoyable. Garfield is an excellent Peter Parker, and the supporting cast seemed more believable and connected to the main character this time around. Aside from the casting, the film doesn't take too many leaps and bounds over the Raimi films, making this a somewhat disappointing reboot, yet still a great standalone.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #143 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 11:56 AM
jackwrites's Flag is: United Kingdom

Today i watching The Good Wife Tv show.....
Its Pretty awesome TV show.....
I watched his all seasons......!!
post #144 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 09:52 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

raiders of the lost ark, i had forgotten how good this movie was and how much i enjoyed it. Just happened to switch on bbc 1 as it started and watched the whole film.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #145 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Today i watched a film about male strippers. On my own.

Magic Mike: Stripping is a big part of the movie, but it serves to create the events which drive the plot rather than being the main focus. Essentially it's a 'realise your dreams' story, with great pacing - it never gets too elaborate or heavy handed, and it's entertaining throughout. Tatum and Mcconaghey (sic?) both put in great performances, and Soderbergh's usual flair suits this film down to the ground. Not a must see, but i'd happily recommend it.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #146 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 06:36 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

the wife and i were talking and magic mike is perfect for Mcconaghey, he can literally take his shirt off at any point in this film and it not seem weird, we think he fired his agent after seeing 300 and realising he wasnt in it, that was an entire movie were he could be shirtless and his agent didnt get him a part in it!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #147 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
the wife and i were talking and magic mike is perfect for Mcconaghey, he can literally take his shirt off at any point in this film and it not seem weird, we think he fired his agent after seeing 300 and realising he wasnt in it, that was an entire movie were he could be shirtless and his agent didnt get him a part in it!
I've really disliked the guy for a long time. Thought he was amazing in Frailty, and he had a few good roles in the 90's, but then he went into shirtless, brainless, rom-com mode for a decade. He was genuinely brilliant in MM, and i'm gonna catch Killer Joe this week as well which has got some decent praise.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #148 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 06:34 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Check Lincoln Lawyer if you haven't, pretty decent role by him and good thriller.

I plan to watch Spawn animated series tonight.
post #149 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 07:18 PM

Iron Sky - I watch this, is veeery funny, but too short for me, and I would like more of the battles in space, but very funny..... I recommend it for all.....

post #150 of 185 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 08:58 PM

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Joss Wheadons Dollhouse.

I've finally got through both seasons, and , aside from an abrupt last two episodes, I thought the story concept and progression was inspired.

From the many mediocre to negative reviews, you would be led to believe that Dollhouse isn't worth the time it takes to watch - I couldn't disagree more. With a solid cast of Sci Fi regulars (Eliza Dushku, Tahmoh Penkett, Amy Acker, and later Summer Glau and Alexis Denisof), the "imprimting" premise is handled well and as the first season progresses, its hard not to root for the good guys - its just that well written.

As I mentioned, when Fox dropped the show, the effect shows through in the rushed storyline in the last two episodes. However, I'm glad they rushed it in a way, as the story arc has some closure at least. Its a damn sight better than how Wheadons, also great "Firefly", was axed.

Overall, more great JW stuff here - well worth a watch.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode