Today I have mostly been watching.... - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-11-12, 01:06 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Devils double, its based on the true story of Latif Yahia, who was Uday Hussein's double in Iraq,Now its difficult with all based on true story movies to say what is fact and what is hollywood, but Latif wrote about his life and was involved in the making of the film so im inclined to think its fairly close to what happened and lets just say im glad Uday is dead because he makes his father look like a saint.One of his hobbys was to have his goons snatch school girls off the streets of Iraq for him to rape,his double Latif is in his service against his will through blackmail and threats against his family, Latif goes along way to try and escape his "freinds" employment which has to be seen to be belived.

I enjoyed it and the fact its based on a real person makes it that bit more compelling.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Devils double, its based on the true story of Latif Yahia, who was Uday Hussein's double in Iraq,Now its difficult with all based on true story movies to say what is fact and what is hollywood, but Latif wrote about his life and was involved in the making of the film so im inclined to think its fairly close to what happened and lets just say im glad Uday is dead because he makes his father look like a saint.One of his hobbys was to have his goons snatch school girls off the streets of Iraq for him to rape,his double Latif is in his service against his will through blackmail and threats against his family, Latif goes along way to try and escape his "freinds" employment which has to be seen to be belived.

I enjoyed it and the fact its based on a real person makes it that bit more compelling.
I wanted to see this, but it only had a week run in most places so i've had to wait for the dvd release. Glad to know it's worth watching.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #123 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-13-12, 01:51 AM
Ramsese Niblick 3rd's Flag is: Wales

Watched a UK independent film called Frieght, about eastern europeans and the sex trade, stars some ex-eastenders actors and overall not bad, a bit right-wing in some places but violent and quite graphic. 6/10

Also Curse of the golden flower, interesting story and stunning cinimatography, a bit on the long side for a subtitled movie, made by the crouching tiger team, chow yun fat plays a blinder very enjoyable film. 9/10

EDIT: The girlfriend reckons curse of the golden flower is the movie of the game franchise "dynasty warriors" lol, but shes just a bit mental.....

"Honour the Omnissiah and respect the Machine Spirit, always observe the correct Rites of Activation" - Techmarine Enkomi, Jackal Guard

"If in doubt, give it a clout" - Gdsm Yestin, leman russ gunner

Last edited by Ramsese Niblick 3rd; 06-13-12 at 01:56 AM.
post #124 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-14-12, 03:53 AM

Hello,
Today i am watching X-men. It is a very nice and interesting show. In this fever create the movie which is very popular in Hollywood cinema.

Watch Free Bones Episode Guide without Downloading.
post #125 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-14-12, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Rock of Ages: There are 4 reasons to watch this film, and the music unfortunately isn't one of them. Cruise, Giamatti, Baldwin and Brand pretty much keep this thing afloat and make it interesting enough to keep watching. The 2 leads are ok, but they fail to exude the 'star quality' needed for their characters to eclipse the supporting roles.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #126 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-16-12, 12:58 AM
Ramsese Niblick 3rd's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Mongrels, possibly the funniest animal puppet show ever made
Asolutley it is, (marion is hillarious) and as far as I know, the only time 40K has ever been mentioned in a TV programme

Watched the devil inside today.....avoid at all costs its chronic, the plot is awful, the film is needlessly frantic in the scenes where you want things explained, the characters are annoying, its predictable and ....words fail me its. just. terrible.

"Honour the Omnissiah and respect the Machine Spirit, always observe the correct Rites of Activation" - Techmarine Enkomi, Jackal Guard

"If in doubt, give it a clout" - Gdsm Yestin, leman russ gunner
post #127 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

500 days of summer: Clearing out the sky+ backlog, this was a pretty satisfying 'anti' rom-com. Cuts a little close to pretentiousness, but it's entertaining enough to avoid that pitfall.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #128 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-20-12, 02:02 AM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

Thanks to my sister's fiancee giving her access to his netflix account, she has introduced me to the awesomeness of Supernatural. Almost makes up for her locking me in a dog crate when I was little.

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
post #129 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 05:36 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Slumdog Millionare - A pretty good film, enjoyed it and that's two out of two for Danny Boyle as a Director. Verdict: 4/5

I might be going to see Abraham Lincoln: The Vampire Hunter over the weekend so we'll see how that turns out.
post #130 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 05:49 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
I might be going to see Abraham Lincoln: The Vampire Hunter over the weekend so we'll see how that turns out.
You have my condolences.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode