Today I have mostly been watching.... - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 185 (permalink) Old 05-09-12, 09:56 PM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
Sherlock Season 1- immense, but makes me want to re-watch season 2, which is a hell of a lot better.
In both seasons I loved the first and the last episodes but didn't like the 2 episodes

Anyways I started watching 30 rock, arrested development, and the it crowd on netflix. Always heard they were good so I;m checking them out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 185 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Double Bill today:

Piranha 3DD: The first one was surprisingly good (it was terrible, but in a good way) and captured the b-movie vibe perfectly. It also had some genuinely inventive humour. 3DD comes close to this in the last 20 minutes, but the rest falls flat. Obvious jokes and wasted potential. Really not worth your money.

Dark Shadows:If anyone knows what this film is, can you let me know? This latest Burton/Depp/Bonham-carter outing is a mash up of mis-used good ideas, too many side plots and unlikeable characters. It's hard to identify with anyone in the film, every character's motivation is either shallow, confusing or un-explored.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #113 of 185 (permalink) Old 05-16-12, 08:32 AM

The Alibi - Steve Coogan - they try so hard to hide the plot twists, they actually hid the plot.

Troll Hunter - I saw a review that said this is the best monster film since jurassic park - the only similarity is a goat gets royally f****d. Absolutely loved this film.

Fracture - good film with a twist - might suffer if I watch it again. But I've liked Anthony Hopkins since silence of the lambs so was well worth it.
post #114 of 185 (permalink) Old 05-22-12, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

American Pie Reunion: Much better than 3, and recaptures a lot of the charm from the first film. SWS knocks it out of the park, and there's a few good scenes when he's off camera, but not many. Definitely not a stand out comedy, but the nostalgia angle gives it some credence and raises it above average.

The Dictator: There are some great jokes and ideas in this film, which really got me laughing, but ultimately they were lost within a sea of misfires and strained storytelling. I'd really like to recommend this one based on 10-15 minutes of material, but the rest of the film just isn't worth it.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #115 of 185 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

The Raid: There's just enough plot and character development to keep you emotionally invested in this 90 minute spectacle of a film. The action is full-on the whole way through, with brutal fist and gun fights every few minutes. The blocking is fantastic, and leaves the camera panned at gorgeous wide angles so you can really see everything play out. Well worth seeing.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #116 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 08:52 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Thor: Not as good as Iron Man, which is easily the best of the Individual Avengers movies, but better than Captain America. It's also made me want to see Avengers Assemble again, though. Verdict: 3.5/5

I've got Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Ironclad, Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon and 300 all to watch on DVD, though. Which should I watch next? Any that I should avoid?
post #117 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
I've got Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Ironclad, Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon and 300 all to watch on DVD, though. Which should I watch next? Any that I should avoid?
Tinker Tailor would easily be my preferred choice there. TF3 is one of the few films i've considered walking out of, but there's a lot of people who did enjoy it.

MIB3: Lacking a lot of the things which made the first one so watchable, boredom crept over me fairly quickly. The ending brought up some interesting questions, but not the kind of thing i'd expect from a family action/comedy.

Prometheus: Will post a full review in the Prometheus thread.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #118 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Snow White & The Huntsman: The aesthetics and battle scenes are up there with LOTR, but it's let down tragically with characters and heart. The plot is pretty good, but with a little reworking could have addressed the major issues and made this a really good film.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #119 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-11-12, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Snow White & The Huntsman: The aesthetics and battle scenes are up there with LOTR, but it's let down tragically with characters and heart. The plot is pretty good, but with a little reworking could have addressed the major issues and made this a really good film.
I watched this in the Cinema recently I think what let it down was trying to adhear to the story too much, they had too much film to squeeze into the running time. Each of the sections was far too brief, if they had dropped the Dwarfs or Will or the random exploding village or the forest and used the time to expand on the other areas it would have been very good. As it was an enjoyable enough swords and sorcery romp.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #120 of 185 (permalink) Old 06-11-12, 09:40 AM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

Naruto Shippuden Movie 1: crazy and totally hilarious, thats all i will say

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode