Today I have mostly been watching.... - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-16-12, 11:43 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

I agree with poster above that Watchmen is great movie although not 100 % same as novel(i kinda like more movie ending). One of the best comic adaptations.

Movie I would like to recommend is The Lincoln Lawyer. Great story, Matthew McConaughey surprisingly pretty good as sleazy lawyer, some good actors in supporting roles and Marisa Tomei great milf as ever

I've watched Going Postal miniseries, it pretty enjoyable and fun, although I haven't still read particular book it's based on.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 03-16-12 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-17-12, 12:02 AM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Harry Potter marathon on tv today, been watching it as I type stuff out. It's crazy to see Daniel Radcliffe as a little kid after seeing the Woman In Black.

post #93 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-17-12, 11:37 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
I've watched Going Postal miniseries, it pretty enjoyable and fun, although I haven't still read particular book it's based on.
I recommend it. There's just more of what you probably enjoyed about it all. More Moist, more Adora Belle, more mail.

And the things that got cut just expand upon, well, everything: the Pi(e) Engine "crafted" by B.S. Johnson; what really happened to the prior Postmaster Generals; the trails of the Unfranked Man; the oldest postman of them all; the Concordium of the Clerks... I could go on.

I've been watching my just purchased DVD set of Doctor Who (first season of the 11th Doctor). I've always had a fondness for redheads, ever since my first crush in the third grade, which is probably why I'm in love with Amy Pond/Karen Gillan--that red hair, that face, that Scottish accent....

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #94 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-17-12, 11:44 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
Finally, someone who loves it for what it is and doesn't whine about what was left out
That's because I haven't read the graphic novel yet .
post #95 of 185 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I didn't mind Watchmen, but ultimately it seemed like a pointless enterprise. The comic suits the material so well, there's very little the film can add. Ending was a good bit of adapting though.

today i watched:

21 Jump Street:
Formulaic, but somehow it came across as very fresh and entertaining. The self referential script is excellent, and the leads all do a great job with it. Even Tatum. I'm starting to like that guy.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #96 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-04-12, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Pirates!: Despite not normally being a massive Aardman fan, this was charming and great fun. Probably the best kids film this year.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #97 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-09-12, 01:14 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Super 8: Pretty enjoyable movie, didnīt expect it to be as good as it was. Reccomended.
post #98 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-09-12, 06:15 PM

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

The Hunger Games!

just got back from the cinema and it was much better than I expected, and very true to the book. I hope they makes the others into films too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
post #99 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-09-12, 10:55 PM

Homeland is a TV Series I've recently gotten into. I think it's finished in the US already but I'm hooked to find out whether or not Brody is the villain or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland 'blurb'
When MIA Marine Sgt. Nicholas Brody returns home to a hero's welcome after eight years in enemy confinement, brilliant but volatile CIA agent Carrie Mathison isn't buying his story. She believes that Brody has been turned and is now working for Al Qaeda. What follows is a dangerous game of cat and mouse with nothing short of American national security at stake.

Regards,
Jake.
post #100 of 185 (permalink) Old 04-09-12, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak The Unfaithful View Post
The Hunger Games!

just got back from the cinema and it was much better than I expected, and very true to the book. I hope they makes the others into films too.
They will. It's pretty much guaranteed unless the first one flops badly, and it's doing excellent 2nd week business. Going to see it this week, so glad it's good!

Today i watched.......

Titanic 3D: 100% the wife's choice, but still glad i saw it. The CGI is a bit dated, and the script is as terrible as ever, but it's still a damn good bit of film making. 3D is nicely done as you'd expect. I thought i'd get bored, but Titanic is the kind of film you watch in chunks when it's on TV, so watching it all the way through was actually a fresh experience.

Also Prometheus and Avengers trailers in 3D were EPIC.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode