New Batman movie news compilation - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default New Batman movie news compilation

I thought that since a film of the Dark Knight Rises's calibre could do with a set of updates as to what happens as we get closer to the release date. Next year as of writing. Needless to say that a lot of stuff posted here will probably be spoliers.

22/05/2011 A recent set of clues listed around the official website have culminated into a picture of what looks like Tom Hardy as Bane. HERE IS THE LINK

Do you guys think it is genuine or a kind of mock-up of what might occur?

Any thoughts?

26/05/2011 I found an image of a faked Catwoman mockup based on a clever deception. Care to look at it here? Beware! It is completely faked.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

Last edited by Stephen_Newman; 05-26-11 at 06:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Might stuff more info here if I need a new window.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Might stuff more info here as more developments happen.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 02:56 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

i think its genuine, its not overboard muscle, and its definitely Toms eye peeking out, and tom hardy has been in training for months not to mention hes a pretty big dude to start with.Not sure im gonna be able to contain myself, im a massive fan of pretty much all the cast members and i love batman and christopher nolan, i may be a little moist by the end of the film!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 03:00 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'd think its genuine given that its a more realisitic looking bane, plus its defiantely the after under tehre as Bits pointed out.

I'm just wondering how they're going to pull thiso ff given that this continutation of Batman is emant to be more real world and less comic book, and Bane is probably one of the more comic book 'realistic' enemies that Batman has.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 03:24 PM
Banned

Curze is the only true Vigilante. This Batman wannbe is nothing more than one living is his shadow.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 06:03 PM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think it will be an interesting film. Im looking forward to see Anne Hathaway portray catwoman.

My painting project logs.
Warhammer painting log.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=82959

40k painting log.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=82876
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
I'd think its genuine given that its a more realisitic looking bane, plus its defiantely the after under tehre as Bits pointed out.

I'm just wondering how they're going to pull thiso ff given that this continutation of Batman is emant to be more real world and less comic book, and Bane is probably one of the more comic book 'realistic' enemies that Batman has.
I know what you mean. I thought that someone like the Penguin would be in this film because he seems more realistic than some other villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer49 View Post
I think it will be an interesting film. Im looking forward to see Anne Hathaway portray catwoman.
To be honest I think that every stright male that can see is looking forward to that moment. As soon as I find anything you can bet your ass I will post it.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 07:55 PM
Banned

I have seen this Anne Hataway she looks tasty
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 08:12 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
I know what you mean. I thought that someone like the Penguin would be in this film because he seems more realistic than some other villains.
Problem is that most Batman villains are too 'comic book' and just wouldn't be plasuable IRL. Penguins on the edge there, but he's too comedy to work in a serious film.

Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Clayface, Kill Croc, Solomon Grundy.... obviously wouldn't fit with their powers. Others are just too comedy... Like 'Calandra Man' (not the Calendar killer), The Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter and so on.

Really, appart from the plain mobsters like the Falcone's, theres few batman villains that would addapt well to a serious enviroment. Bane works, as its just steroid abuse... Riddler could work, as thats detective skills. Hush could work as an assasin, and Black Mask could work given his backstory as a business man who hated Bruce Wayne and ran a criminal organization. Even Firefly would work as a pyromaniac arsonist, as could Doctor Strange.

But then theres one more problem. Who's a big enough name to draw people in? You had to ahv ethe Joker, as well, he's the Joker. Other though? I doubt theres anyone who hasn't seen teh cartoons, or read the comics who could tell you about 90% of his enemies... so really, the only plausable big name is Bane in my mind. 'The brute who broke the Bat'.

Last edited by GrizBe; 05-23-11 at 08:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode