Star Wars to be remade in 3D - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 07:55 PM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

The Prequels weren't all bad. The bad parts all had to do with the Acting and dialogue of Hayden Christiansen....He was terrible. I enjoyed the improved Jedi abilities, seeing more jedi, the clones, The battle in the arena, the speeratist vs clone fighting, order 66, fight in the Chancellors office, and the last fight on Mustafar. So it wasn't all bad but I agree it could have and should have been better. The voice acter on both the different clone war cartoon series were better Anakins.

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 10:51 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

@Diatribe.

I would if I thought they looked shit. Which they do, and if he wants to use new technology to remake them to a better standard, fair be it to him.

Its like rebuilding the Pyramids - if you knock down the originals, then shit, there's an outcry.

Build them to be an exact copy in Las Vegas, downtown Cairo, or Shanghai, then there's no issue.

If it lacks the same je ne sais quoi that people hold the originals in, then you don't have to watch it. For other more progressive thinkers, such as myself, who'd actually like to see, not if they can be improved on, but if they can be done justice by, then excellent.

Its an action movie, with a soppy romantic boring incest ridden love triangle subplot to a childish fantasy story with space yeti's, laser swords and blast guns that make pew-pew noises.

There is no other background to the movie than that expanded upon in the prequel.

In the same manner that 40K was better before Horus Heresy series (IMHO), Lucas fucked up what little secrecy and intrigue there was to the Rebels, and why they were rebels, and the atypical empires (at the time of filming, seen as the *good guys* - British, Egyptian and Roman are all portrayed as heroic, usually, with the rare anti-hero - your Boston Tea Party's and your Spartacus, for example) actually being portrayed as evil.

Now - its power hungry+money grabbing chancellor+trade commitee, destroys peace keeping force and for greed destroys the galaxy. Boring.

Hence, Episode 1 I declare as the best movie to date. Good actors, good storyline with little relation to characters or existing storyline other than cameo's, a racial stereotype for cheap laughs, giant mutant submarine eating alien fish and the technology capabilty to make it appear as if we were watching it as if we were there.

I'd love for Lord of the Rings to be remade - even now, so soon after creation, some special effects are so obviously post production that it could really do with some TLC to fix it up. Or imagine how much better Harry Poter would be with todays technology instead of that sock puppet snake from Year 2?

Remake the movie shot for shot, that's what I'm asking.

All I can hope is that they remake the movie, but with better actors, a fit Princess Leia, and just do the story justice through better camera techniques, voice acting, and CGI. Hell, an Avatar-esque creation, if he can afford that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-11, 11:17 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 12:54 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Wait what? Does that mean new actors and refilming them?

If so, thank fuck, because the 40 year old ones nearly look shit now.
Originals are still quite good and no remake ever is necessary. Looks like people watch these films only for effects and not story and characters. They were shot on locations compared to these latest 3 which were all studiowork with too much cgi.

I still watch many classics from 50-60s, some warfilms, some westerns and other stuff. Almost all remakes are actually worse than original.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-11, 04:27 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

When I heard about this, I asked a friend of mine who went to see Star Wars: A New Hope when it came out in 1977 what he thought. He was 5 when he saw it. He just wants the films that filled his childhood with awe and wonder. No updated effects, no 3D. Needless to say, he's somewhat disappointed with Lucas and with all that has happened since the release of the original trilogy.

As for myself, I don't have such strong nostalgia for the movies as my friend does, but I agree with Roninman that remakes and re-visionings seldom work out. (I too watch films decades older than I am and enjoy them.)

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 05:23 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Firstly he isnt remaking them, hes converting them to 3D most of the films that are 3D at the moment were not filmed that way, they were converted post production using tech created by ILM (lucas's baby). All hes doing is rehashing the movies for a 3D movie release at the cinema and then on to 3D bluray, which is good for cinema and good for 3D, this will make many more people sit up and take notice of the 3D medium than you give it credit for, no other set of movies has such a collective impact on cinema and the industry than star wars, the off shoot of this will be more 2d movies will get the same treatment , likely the Lord of the rings trilogy will be converted and maybe aliens or who knows what else.
3D is not doing as well as people had hoped in the home cinema front because not many people have bought 3D tvs and those that have dont want to convert to 3D bluray because the choice of 3D movies is very limited and the old back catalogue is not available in 3D, but if big block busters can be revamped to 3D it would create a much more attractive proposition for a consumer.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 06:30 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
@Diatribe.

I would if I thought they looked shit. Which they do, and if he wants to use new technology to remake them to a better standard, fair be it to him.

Its like rebuilding the Pyramids - if you knock down the originals, then shit, there's an outcry.

Build them to be an exact copy in Las Vegas, downtown Cairo, or Shanghai, then there's no issue.

If it lacks the same je ne sais quoi that people hold the originals in, then you don't have to watch it. For other more progressive thinkers, such as myself, who'd actually like to see, not if they can be improved on, but if they can be done justice by, then excellent.

Its an action movie, with a soppy romantic boring incest ridden love triangle subplot to a childish fantasy story with space yeti's, laser swords and blast guns that make pew-pew noises.

There is no other background to the movie than that expanded upon in the prequel.

In the same manner that 40K was better before Horus Heresy series (IMHO), Lucas fucked up what little secrecy and intrigue there was to the Rebels, and why they were rebels, and the atypical empires (at the time of filming, seen as the *good guys* - British, Egyptian and Roman are all portrayed as heroic, usually, with the rare anti-hero - your Boston Tea Party's and your Spartacus, for example) actually being portrayed as evil.

Now - its power hungry+money grabbing chancellor+trade commitee, destroys peace keeping force and for greed destroys the galaxy. Boring.

Hence, Episode 1 I declare as the best movie to date. Good actors, good storyline with little relation to characters or existing storyline other than cameo's, a racial stereotype for cheap laughs, giant mutant submarine eating alien fish and the technology capabilty to make it appear as if we were watching it as if we were there.

I'd love for Lord of the Rings to be remade - even now, so soon after creation, some special effects are so obviously post production that it could really do with some TLC to fix it up. Or imagine how much better Harry Poter would be with todays technology instead of that sock puppet snake from Year 2?

Remake the movie shot for shot, that's what I'm asking.

All I can hope is that they remake the movie, but with better actors, a fit Princess Leia, and just do the story justice through better camera techniques, voice acting, and CGI. Hell, an Avatar-esque creation, if he can afford that much.
Okay, who put a quid in Vaz?

I'd like to see what he does to try and improve them. I liked the three prequels to an extent, kind of ruined by child anakin (child actors ruin everything - except for that kids mobster one), hayden anakin, although he was better in the third one, j*r j*r should be burned at the stake, then his ashes fired into the sun, but there was some great stuff in them.

I remember them adding the cgi bits to the originals years ago, and that added some nice little extra visuals to them, might be interesting to see what they can do.

No one could ever play a camp golden robot as well either.

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode