Game of Thrones - opinions? - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 05:40 AM

I never get this hatred of characters just because they're unlikeable. What, do you want some perfect series where every character has good motivations and is a strong, moral person? That isn't how the world works, sorry, and GoT was too brutal a book to soften these characters up for audiences.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 08:55 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

No, Sansa is not spoiled brat who abandons her family, in the beginning she is stupid, and disillusioned, but she is never spoiled and is always courteous, not like in the series where she acts like an spoiled idiot. She may have done some bad things unintentionally, like telling Sercei Ned's plan to move them back to Winterfell, but she did not do that because she is spoiled, or angry at her father, as might seem in series. She only did that because she was stupid little girl who believes in knights in shining armor, fairytales, and she believed queen and Joffrey love her. Have we read the same books?

Joffrey is a prick, but you never hate him for his look, he is supposed to be beautiful because his parents are, he is ugly as hell in series. If they wanted to make us hate him a lot, they managed it. But we should hate him because his actions and attitude, not because he looks like a tard. So, no, casting was not perfect IMO. His acting is ok though.

^ I don't have problems with any character in books, that's one of the reasons I like series so much, but they portrayed some of them differently in the series. Sansa is more retarded, Sercei is not so cold and slutty as in books, she even show compassion to Catelyn when Bran is on brink of death, she mourns about child they invented in the series, although in the books

As I said earlier, series is pretty good, but can't really compare to books, and they missed the point of some characters, or reinvented them, for no apparent reason. They had to put unimportant sex scene or at least male of female genitalia in every episode, on the other hand. They are so important for the plot.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 06-08-11 at 09:11 AM.
post #83 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

I agree with the above; having just read the book they are quite well portrayed and i really, really want to slap him lol!

I am just watching the eighth episode and i have to say they are continuing to do fantastic work; i cannot wait for clash of kings!

(that said i have just finsihed reading clash and bloody hell that is going to b great to watch!!!)
post #84 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-12-11, 10:25 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

On the subject of Sansa i'll give my own opinion. In the first book yes I found her annoying for her idiotic belief that people are inherently good and that life is like a song. Those of you who hate her for that you are justified in it. And by the second book you'll feel extremely bad for her. I did, it only goes downhill for her from here. And you'll hate that prick Joffrey a lot more.

But on another matter tonight's episode is Baelor. For those who have read the books you'll know what will happen tonight, and for those of you who haven't... prepare to be surprised.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #85 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-12-11, 06:00 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Now I need to fucking get HBO...
post #86 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-13-11, 08:15 PM

So, what are your opinions on last episode? I'm especially interested in opinion of people who didn't read the books. What was your reaction?
post #87 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 08:09 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Just a quick question for those who read the books, can I start reading the second book if I watched the first season, or would it be better if I started from scratch?

Incoming Spoilers!

About the latest episode... wow. I'm starting to get the "shitty" tone/way of how events develop in this setting, so I could expect most of the major events but the way they unfolded was still surprising. I mean, how could the Dothraki survive and become a warrior culture without decent healers? Why was Cersei so against beheading Ned (I do hope his sword, Ice, will be recovered at some point of the story)? The other two stories were fairly unsurprising: Jon is not interested in oaths but it doing the right thing, so he had that coming; Robb isn't an idiot so evading Tywin was something the old man should have forseen but it seems hubris is a Lannister family sin. But even so, seeing Lord Stark die made me feel very, very sad. And pissed.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #88 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 08:20 AM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

Alive he could serve the realm by taking the black or even as a hostage to end the war between the Starks and Lannisters. Dead he just serves as a symbol to the northmen of the righteousness of their cause.

Jesus wasn't the son of GOD, he was just a Master of Alteration.
^elder scrolls joke^

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.

Remember: Read more Manga and other books as well!
Try: The Breaker
post #89 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 10:51 AM

That part about battle with Tywin is idiotic in series, tbh. He didn't sacrifice any man in book, just split forces. Tywin fought against more then 10000 northmen, and they didn't die but retreated. Also they didn't explain exactly how Rob defeated Jaime. Maybe they will in the next when then show retaking of Riverrun.

^^ I would recommend you to read the first book, especially because they left out some characters.
post #90 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 12:55 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Seraph View Post
Dead he just serves as a symbol to the northmen of the righteousness of their cause.
Hey ,that makes sense, I haven't thought of it like that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
^^ I would recommend you to read the first book, especially because they left out some characters.
Ah crap looks like Season 3 will be out before I catch up with the show. But its worth it I guess. Thanks for the swift answer!

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode