Game of Thrones - opinions? - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-01-11, 08:35 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Im gob smacked , seriously tingling with anticipation of the next episode, i have never watched a show like this in my life, very enjoyable and every week it just gets better, and every week im just left screaming at the tv when the credit roll up.
PMSL ,, exactly what i did this week
everyone heard me shout NOooooo as the credits rolled ( i was watching it 00.30 to 01.50 so wife wasnt amused lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-01-11, 07:37 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Quote:
Im gob smacked , seriously tingling with anticipation of the next episode, i have never watched a show like this in my life, very enjoyable and every week it just gets better, and every week im just left screaming at the tv when the credit roll up.
I have found over the last few weeks that I am reading more and more of the book, but I like to do my reading in quiet so I can concentrate. I have taken to pulling into a layby on my way home from work and reading for an hour. I am nearing the end of the first book now...if the show is as true to the book as it has been thus far I can't wait to see what is coming up.
post #73 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 05:43 AM
Seńor Member
Carna's Flag is: Australia

This is one of the best television series I've ever seen.

"Wulfe gestured around at the strange metal buildings. He didn't like the angles, the proportions, the lines. They didn't look like any Imperial buildings he had ever seen, and that made them wrong."
post #74 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 12:39 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

A very enjoyable and captivating series. The cast is near-perfect in my opinion. Tyrion, Littlefinger, Jorah, Eddard and Viserys especially (with Sansa and Joffrey being the weakest part of the cast). And to be honest compared to a lot of TV-adaptions, the series has -- generally speaking -- stayed true to the book (as much as possible anyway).

Now that we have two episodes left in the first series I am interested in how they will portray the large-scale battles, im almost convinced that they will take a similar approach that they did with ROME; in that the major battles are not actually portrayed in detail at all, but generally just the lead-up to and aftermath.

The only criticism I have is that the series doesn't quite capture the sheer chaos that occurs following Ned's imprisonment...

...or at least hasn't done thus far (but prior to that I didn't have any serious criticisms). And some very interesting and emotional scenes from the book, such as Catelyn's fear and anxiety in regards to Robb leading the army south were barely touched upon in the series. But then there is so much to cover with so many different characters that this was understandable. But it was those such scenes that helped establish and take account of the drastic changes that the Seven Kingdoms were going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal, they are going to be epic! I really want to know how they are going to make them for the show, CGI or puppets or something else?
The answer to that question is one I am very interested in as well. Can't wait for the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
Renly and Knight of Flowers were hinted to be that way in books too. That scene wasnt in the book but their relationship wasnt invented for this tv-series. This was what happened "behind the scenes" in books i believe. Although i agree that Renly had more stronger personality in books.
Aye, and on a side note I believe that that scene was primarily intended to establish:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 06-07-11 at 03:55 PM.
post #75 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 09:42 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

With only two episodes left underway Game of Thrones is coming to a close. And next year Clash of Kings will take its place, casting for the second season is already underway.

Tons of great characters will make their first appearance like Brienne of Tarth, Margaery Tyrell, Victarion, Asha and Balon Greyjoy, The Bloody Mummers, Roose Bolton, Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre. I'm especially looking forward to see who will play Victarion Greyjoy, one of my favourites of the series.

Also the last episode was very good. Tyrion and Bronn are an epic pair.

Tyrion: And this is Bronn, son of...
Bronn: You wouldn't know him.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #76 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 09:51 AM
Well That Was Unexpected

To be honest I now can't stand this series and think its pants to be honest.

That 14yo 'King' Lanistar is just asking to be punched by the look of his face, the redhead who is set to be his wife is so out of touch it makes me want to stab my eyes out (I never thought I'd be a feminist lol) and the whole blond elf and the barbarian are tiring, as is the wall guarded by misfits and fat-so's.

As you can tell I really dislike the series, and whilst I'm not suggesting that others can't enjoy it, I just thought I'd post a dissenting opinion.

This series has all the hallmarks of a fad or trend. Just because there are a few books of it about, its 'cool'.

Personally I'd never heard of them before the T.V show.

Some T.V shows I would recommend are:

Rome
Boardwalk Empire
Deadwood
Big Love
In Treatment (amazingly good)

All are on HBO and Sky Atlantic/FX and all are much superior to Game of Thrones IMO.
post #77 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 10:23 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
To be honest I now can't stand this series and think its pants to be honest.

That 14yo 'King' Lanistar is just asking to be punched by the look of his face, the redhead who is set to be his wife is so out of touch it makes me want to stab my eyes out (I never thought I'd be a feminist lol) and the whole blond elf and the barbarian are tiring, as is the wall guarded by misfits and fat-so's.

As you can tell I really dislike the series, and whilst I'm not suggesting that others can't enjoy it, I just thought I'd post a dissenting opinion.

This series has all the hallmarks of a fad or trend. Just because there are a few books of it about, its 'cool'.

Personally I'd never heard of them before the T.V show.

Some T.V shows I would recommend are:

Rome
Boardwalk Empire
Deadwood
Big Love
In Treatment (amazingly good)

All are on HBO and Sky Atlantic/FX and all are much superior to Game of Thrones IMO.
Sorry DAC gonna have to put you on ignore you have descended in to madness

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #78 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 10:28 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Sorry DAC gonna have to put you on ignore you have descended in to madness
B&K is right. Madness.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #79 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 03:34 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Well, im fan of ASOIAF books and I must say, Rome is superior series. Game is decent adaptation, but some things(characters especially) could have been done better. Sansa's character is totaly fucked up, in series it turns out she is spoiled little brat. Joffrey is too fucking ugly and uncharismatic and you hate him just for that, him being a prick put aside. Sercei is also miscast. Some characters are great portrayed, like Littlefinger, Viserys, Sirio Forrel, Robb Stark, Robert. I ve had gripes with actress that is playing Catelyn, because she is too old, but she turned to be pretty competent, although she doesn't have a look. Dinklage is better and better as Tyrion as series progress.

Still looking forward to last 2 episodes. Series have improved a lot in last few episodes, and if they improve some things(remove stupid scenes that are not in books and don't contribute anything) in next season it will be great show. Shame it will be only 10 episode, they will have to cut some things.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 06-07-11 at 03:36 PM.
post #80 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 05:01 AM

Amoeba Bait's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
Well, im fan of ASOIAF books and I must say, Rome is superior series. Game is decent adaptation, but some things(characters especially) could have been done better. Sansa's character is totaly fucked up, in series it turns out she is spoiled little brat. Joffrey is too fucking ugly and uncharismatic and you hate him just for that, him being a prick put aside. Sercei is also miscast. Some characters are great portrayed, like Littlefinger, Viserys, Sirio Forrel, Robb Stark, Robert. I ve had gripes with actress that is playing Catelyn, because she is too old, but she turned to be pretty competent, although she doesn't have a look. Dinklage is better and better as Tyrion as series progress.

Still looking forward to last 2 episodes. Series have improved a lot in last few episodes, and if they improve some things(remove stupid scenes that are not in books and don't contribute anything) in next season it will be great show. Shame it will be only 10 episode, they will have to cut some things.
I think that the casting for Sansa and Joffrey was perfect, as you are MEANT to hate them. Sansa is a spoiled little brat who effectivly abbandons her family in order to join the ever annoying Lannsters. If you look at how each Starks Direwolf represents them (especially in the book), as Sansa's wolf i killed, she effectivly kill her "Stark'ness".

Plus, I think we are supposed to hate Joffrey, cause he's an asshat. . He struts around like a rooster, but when things get haard be cries like a little bitch. DO NOT LIKE HIM AT ALL/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode