Game of Thrones - opinions? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 02:37 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Some parts were good, but I really didn't like gay scene (imo it's better to be just hinted like in books, but it's HBO and they need to put sex in every fucking episode). Also dialog between Sercei and Robert is totally against her character as we know in the books. But as I wrote earlier in this topic, this Sercei is not envisioned to be same as in novel it seems. They again talked about dead baby which seems to be true then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-22-11, 11:32 PM

Amoeba Bait's Flag is: Australia

Man, got episodes 1-5 on Saturday night and DEVOURED THEM!!!
Love this show, and cant wait for the rest. I will be following this series religiously, like I did with Band of Brothers.

Fav characters so far:
Arya (good to see a girl kick some ass. Loved the bit where her wolf owns the Lanister brat of a Prince )

Tyrion (As much of a Lanister he is -cant stand those guys- he does seem like an ok bloke. Interested to see what happens to him.)

Jon Snow (Dont we all love the underdog? I cant wait to see if he ventures beyond The Wall -havent read the books, so PLEASE, no spoilers :D)

And finally, Boromir, I mean Lord Stark. (He's a warror at heart, and being thrust into a pussyfoot world of doublecrossing and backstabbing, I just knwo he's ready to open a can of whoopass. Plus, hes a great allrounf family man.)

post #53 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 12:00 AM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Really enjoying this show so far. A bunch of my friends were fans of the books and the tabletop RP system based on them, but I'd never read the books or played the system; the show itself though is very solid. May well get this on DVD whenever it comes out.

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
post #54 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 01:39 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
Then many BL books are perfect for you, almost none of heroes never die. Know its harsh to say, but if you cant accept loss in books how you do it in real?
says the guy pointing a gun at your head

i read the first book and loved it, will be reading the others shortly. I have not seen the tv series, and im not sure if i will... definitely worth it or no?

Crimson Tears
Win Ratio: 5-2-2 (7th)

Wood Elves (Plog)
Win Ratio: 6-3-1 (new book)

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #55 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 01:45 AM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
I have not seen the tv series, and I'm not sure if I will... definitely worth it or no?
Yes, definitely worth it

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
post #56 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 11:26 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Series is good, you may not like some things, but it's enjoyable and it couldn't be done any better, when you consider it's different format. I don't like some changes to characters(Sansa and Sercei, for example) and other deviations from the book, but it's fun show to watch, and its nice to see how they envisioned characters and places from the book.

I didn't like previous episode, but this new, sixth one is pretty good.
post #57 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 06:32 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Excellent series...in fact I loved the first 3 episodes so much I decided to invest in a Kindle from Amazon and have downloaded the first 4 books (I have wayyyy too many books already and not enough shelf space so being able to get these big-ass books electronically is great).

I have read up to the end of episode 5 so far and to be honest the series parallels the book fairly closely. Recording episode 6 tonight.

Like many other's my favourite character is Tyrion, excellently portrayed in the series by Pete Dinklage. The Arya character is also very interesting and I can see her sword training coming into it's own at some point.

The protagonists in the series are also really well cast. Visery's, Prince Joffrey and Cersei are all pretty loathsome individuals.

Hopefully this series will do well and not be dropped early as so many other American shows have been. The last great show Lena Headey was in was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles...cruelly axed before it's time. "err what? axed?...aww shit...I was watching that!"
post #58 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 07:00 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

I think the show is not too bad.

I actually like the dwarf (sorry lol) character as his introduction in EP 1 was a bit tacky, and I thought he would be a kind of gimmick, but IMO, after 5 episodes he steals every scene he is in, and is a great actor.

Overall, I don't know how good the show is.

Yes I keep watching it, yes most of the casting is good, but a few of the episodes are very unmemorable.

Whereas with my fav HBO show Rome (have both seasons on DVD) all the episodes are fantastic.

Also between this and Boardwalk Empire, if one had to be cancelled for financial reasons (HBO does that alot) I would rather Game of Thrones.

So that isn't a particularly good sign of my enjoyment is it? lol.

Overall ATM i'd give it about 6.5 / 10 and say that the show has potential.
post #59 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 07:05 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Another way of getting money out of Virgin etc. From watch I've seen of it, Spartacus is much better.
post #60 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-23-11, 08:39 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoeba Bait View Post
Man, got episodes 1-5 on Saturday night and DEVOURED THEM!!!
Love this show, and cant wait for the rest. I will be following this series religiously, like I did with Band of Brothers.

Fav characters so far:
Arya (good to see a girl kick some ass. Loved the bit where her wolf owns the Lanister brat of a Prince )

Tyrion (As much of a Lanister he is -cant stand those guys- he does seem like an ok bloke. Interested to see what happens to him.)

Jon Snow (Dont we all love the underdog? I cant wait to see if he ventures beyond The Wall -havent read the books, so PLEASE, no spoilers :D)

And finally, Boromir, I mean Lord Stark. (He's a warror at heart, and being thrust into a pussyfoot world of doublecrossing and backstabbing, I just knwo he's ready to open a can of whoopass. Plus, hes a great allrounf family man.)
Are you me, by any chance?
But nah, I haven't watched episode 5 yet. Still, my face went O_O for a few seconds.

I can't wait to see Boro... khm... Lord Stark go around and slap the shit of that Lannister hooker and her smug brother. And the whole royal court for that matter. Lord Stark is too much man for King's Landing to take. Man, just thikning about it makes me shiver with anticipation!

So yeah, great stuff and right next to Rome in my book, though the queen is nothing compared to Atia. She'd eat her for breakfast.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode