Game of Thrones - opinions? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 05:08 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Littlefinger actor is perfect, and so is Varys, but i'm dissapointed with Aemon, who doesn't look old and wise at all. To me, he seems like some demented old man. Oh, and that conversation between Cercei and her son(don't know how his name is spelled in english) is little too much for me.

Still, show is good so far, but imo this last episode is weakest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 05:17 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
Series is shaping up real nicely, some new characters very important to story were introduced on episode 3. Was nice to see Pycelle, Littlefinger, Varys, Renly, Mormont, Barrestan, Aemon, Alliser, members of Night's watch, Yoren and Syrio who nailed final scene on this episode. Mayor Carcetti playing Petyr Baelish aka Littlefinger seems perfect for the role.

My favourite characters of all are Tyrion, Arya and Jon. Arya has most gruelling story arcs in book.
Yeah Littlefinger's actor is very good, still waiting to hear that epic line that he gives.

"Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed off your horse."

What I really want to see is the 10th episode Fire and Blood. Those that have read the books will know why. Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal, they are going to be epic! I really want to know how they are going to make them for the show, CGI or puppets or something else?

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #33 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 05:19 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
Littlefinger actor is perfect, and so is Varys, but i'm dissapointed with Aemon, who doesn't look old and wise at all. To me, he seems like some demented old man. Oh, and that conversation between Cercei and her son(don't know how his name is spelled in english) is little too much for me.

Still, show is good so far, but imo this last episode is weakest.
Its Cersei and the kid's name is Joffrey.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #34 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

fair enough on the boat logistics; bring on ep 3 tonight! (book just turned up in the post so I know what im starting after prospero burns!)
post #35 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 05:36 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

^^ Thank you, I was too lazy to check on wiki or something. Its little difficult to remember how its spelled in English when you read it in phonetic language(all names are transcribed in Serbian).

Btw, didn't you spoil it a little with that cgi part?
post #36 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 06:31 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
^^ Thank you, I was too lazy to check on wiki or something. Its little difficult to remember how its spelled in English when you read it in phonetic language(all names are transcribed in Serbian).

Btw, didn't you spoil it a little with that cgi part?
Not really, it could still be anything .

Lord of the Night

post #37 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 02:15 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

I hope they use really minimal amount of CGI in this whole series. Some backdrops and armies marching would be ok and some "things" that cant be made realistic otherwise but too much CGI many times ruin series.

Was thinking about ghost in particular when i saw this photo and was relieved

Next episode should bring of course few other favourite characters of this series along with few nasty ones. Guess whos here

Just finished Clash of Kings second time and off to Storm of Sword vol1 now. After few years that been reading almost only BL books, i can say for sure these are lightyears away of anything Fantasy related that BL has published. Characters on this series are best of all i have ever read.
post #38 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Ep 3 down and i really enjoyed; best scenes for me was anything involving Lord Tyrion and the scene with the King reminiscing about deaths...v good stuff!
also Cersei is a v sharp cookie!

Lord of the night in terms of cgi i can only think of one thing off top of my head

if someone could tell me how to do the spoiler hidey thing i'd much appreciate it
post #39 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 08:43 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
I hope they use really minimal amount of CGI in this whole series. Some backdrops and armies marching would be ok and some "things" that cant be made realistic otherwise but too much CGI many times ruin series.

Was thinking about ghost in particular when i saw this photo and was relieved

Next episode should bring of course few other favourite characters of this series along with few nasty ones. Guess whos here

Just finished Clash of Kings second time and off to Storm of Sword vol1 now. After few years that been reading almost only BL books, i can say for sure these are lightyears away of anything Fantasy related that BL has published. Characters on this series are best of all i have ever read.
Ok that picture of Ghost is bloody well awesome, anyone who says otherwise needs to be killed to prevent such thoughts from spreading. As for CGI as long as they only use it for the important things, and obviously to create Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal, I am fine with it.

Gregor Clegane rules! The Mountain that Rides fears no man! Can't wait for season 2 when he really gets going, I want to see him in an actual all-out fight, which I suppose we will get to see such later in the season, once Tywin Lannister appears.

My two favourite secondary characters in ASoIaF, Sandor and Gregor Clegane. The Hound and The Mountain are epic . Especially the Mountain in full armor plate,

Badass, isn't it.

Lord of the Night

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 05-03-11 at 08:45 PM.
post #40 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 08:51 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Just found this image of a character who will debut in the next episode. Loras Tyrell, the Knight of Flowers, with and without his helmet, which is quite awesome .

Lord of the Night

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode