Game of Thrones - opinions? - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 01:07 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Nah, if you get hooked up you will probably breeze through it. When third book first part(they have split 3rd and 4th book in 2 tomes here) was released , I read it in less than a day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-11, 02:18 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorothis View Post
Just a quick question for those who read the books, can I start reading the second book if I watched the first season, or would it be better if I started from scratch?

Incoming Spoilers!

About the latest episode... wow. I'm starting to get the "shitty" tone/way of how events develop in this setting, so I could expect most of the major events but the way they unfolded was still surprising. I mean, how could the Dothraki survive and become a warrior culture without decent healers? Why was Cersei so against beheading Ned (I do hope his sword, Ice, will be recovered at some point of the story)? The other two stories were fairly unsurprising: Jon is not interested in oaths but it doing the right thing, so he had that coming; Robb isn't an idiot so evading Tywin was something the old man should have forseen but it seems hubris is a Lannister family sin. But even so, seeing Lord Stark die made me feel very, very sad. And pissed.
Add spoiler tags to that.

Also regarding Ice, here is a spoiler that will tell you Ice's fate, if you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorothis View Post
Hey ,that makes sense, I haven't thought of it like that. Thanks!

Ah crap looks like Season 3 will be out before I catch up with the show. But its worth it I guess. Thanks for the swift answer!
Well you could read the 2nd book and so on first. Then read the first book to see what was different, it might make things a bit easier.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #93 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 02:41 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

The LAST episode of Game of Thrones was on last night, for the Americans, and now we must wait a year for Clash of Kings.

The episode was FANTASTIC! The ending was one of the best i've seen in ages, some awesome CGI there and a great adaption of a book's ending. Thoughts?

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #94 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

awesome cant wait to see it! I found out on the weekend that clash of kings extra's casting is this weekend in belfast.......the same weekend as a 40k tournament.......GODSDAMNIT!!!!!!!!
post #95 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 03:55 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Easily one of best tv-series ever created. HBO again shows its simply the best channel. Very pleased they were faitfull to books and didnt divert its runtime to unnecessary things. Scenes that were added completed some characters for non-book readers especially.

Hopefully 10 months go fast, atleast hope they release Blu-ray version soon.
post #96 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 07:13 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Well, they did divert time to some things that didn't add much, removed some characters and events that they maybe should not and they messed some characters a little.Cersei and Shae are different than in books, for example, but I guess it's ok. Some actors don't have the right look, but almost everyone of them is doing great job. I'm not impressed with Emilia Clarke, she's very beautiful, but little unconvincing. Still, very faithfull adaptation, far better than I hoped for.
If we look at it as a series, its very good, but I think it can be better, it can be really great, and hope it will be, in next season.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 06-21-11 at 07:21 AM.
post #97 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 02:49 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

The first new cast member for Season 2 has been confirmed.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/nat...me-of-thrones/

Natalie Dormer, who you might know as Anne Boleyn from The Tudors, has been cast as Margaery Tyrell who will become a fairly important character later in the series. Personally I think someone younger should be given the role, Margaery is 15 years old in the books and i'm willing to bet they've changed her age to eighteen in the novels as she first appears married to Renly Baratheon. After all a man in his early thirties married to a fifteen year old is something that would garner complaints on TV.

Lord of the Night

post #98 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 04:21 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

I wouldn't worry about the age disparity...in the 1st book Jon and Robb are 15...the actors portraying them are a damn site older than that. Certain scenes have to be adapted to keep the pace and flow of a screen adaptation interesting or to get something across to the viewer in a way other than it is originally done in a book. I really enjoyed the series although they tend to use the word C**t in the series way more than the book...I think it is mentioned once in the whole book.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode