The Walking Dead - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-11, 04:10 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

The zombies were good..... but that was about it.

Honestly, i thought the storyline was absolutely terrible, and each episode just dragged on without really progressing at all.

Oh, and the acting was absolutely TERRIBLE! The main character always had a serious look on his face, showed no emotion, and just looked like he was uncomfortable the whole time.
I know his character is supposed to be somewhat serious, but his lack of acting experience shows as he is completely over-acting the "serious" role.
Most of the other actors were the same. A couple of them were good, but most of them just seemed uncomfortable and made the emotions and seriousness seem kind of fake.

I guess if i had read the books i probably would have liked it more, but oh well.

Hopefully they do make a 2nd season, and hopefully the actors have improved a bit and the storyline actually goes somewhere.
The 1st season was a disappointment, but a zombie tv show will always have some potential if they can pull it off a little better second time around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-11, 04:21 AM

Angelus Censura's Flag is: USA

I never thought about the acting, it was pretty bad, but then if you look back on the first seasons of a lot of now successful shows nearing double digit seasons, those first seasons were horrible. Maybe not always horrile in the acting, but the film quality, story lines etc. seemed to be lacking a lot. I'm sure by the 3rd season (if it makes it that far) everything will have greatly improved. I remember seeing an old episode of CSI Las Vegas from their first or second season and god was the acting horrible haha, that was before they capitalized on making the cheesy comments intentional for the sake of humour, and the cheesy comments were just that, cheesy comments meant to sound serious. Haha

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-11, 08:38 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

personally speaking i loved it. i have seen that many poor quality zombie movies and the odd tv show that i was a little reluctant to watch this...just as the last resident evil movie i felt let down a bit by, however i was hooked from episode one right through to the last episode and eagerly await the 2nd season.

the part where he woke in the hospital was reminiscent of the opening twenty minutes of the remake of Dawn of the dead and entering the dead city gave me a feel of a city that was completly in the thrall of the dead...that being said i do agree with the King of Cheese in that the acting could have a lot better and the idea of gthe best mate shagging the supposed dead husbands wife is old to me other then that i thourgahly enjoyed it
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-11, 05:05 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I thought the hospital was more reminiscent of 28 days later than Dawn of the Dead
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-11, 08:03 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

ah i stand corrected i had forgotten about that one lol but as zombie flicks go...Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland rate right up there with all the humour they could throw at them,.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-11, 11:09 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

anyone know when series 2 will be out?

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-11, 12:28 PM

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

I would have liked to see this (On some american channel, hidden somewhere within the many other channels) but from what people are saying it seems to be pretty rubbish. Had i watched it...it would have been with my Mum (yes, my Mum, she loves zombie stuff!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 11:04 AM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

I think Drannith hyped up zombies for me. He loves them and I was only partial to them before I started dating him. Maybe it's because of that, I absolutely LOVE this series. I can't wait to get my hands on the comic book series since we haven't had the money to pick these up yet. So much time spending on WH40k But I'm looking forward to the second season, whether it be filled with bad lines, bad acting, or whatever. Anything for the zombie factor.

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 12:28 AM

DAvo001's Flag is: United Kingdom

love it and i cant wait for season 2. more than 6 eps this time please.
its basicly a 6 hour zombie film

but then again i love everything zombie. got my own 'plan' and everything

black Templars Utopa Crusade of about 12000pts
for when you gota shoop da whoop

Last edited by DAvo001; 06-11-11 at 12:33 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode