Sucker Punch [Ck Review] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-26-11, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Sucker Punch [Ck Review]

Hey sorry Dijjn I made my own thread, as I've seen before, sometimes the moderators don't appreciate when someone posts a whole review on someone's thread.

As many of the other reviews you've probably seen out there, I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie. The movie is about this girl "Babydoll" who is sent to a insane institute for an accident she did while defending herself from getting raped.

The institute is pretty much a club for the corrupt where the "insane" girls are taken advantage of dancing for these corrupt and powerful people. In order to cope with what they have to do, they essentially are able to use their minds and travel somewhere else where they feel they have adventure. During "Babydoll's" first "mind travel" she goes to a place where she is told what she needs to do and get in order to free herself. I guess since the previews tell you I'm not really spoiling anything. The five things are a map, fire, knife, and key. The last is something she needs to figure out for herself.

"Babydoll" decides to try get all the dancers to join her for this mission. Mind you that the five things are things they get in "real life" and also their "mind travel." The mind travel is just the imaginary way they achieve it in their minds while they're doing the real tasks.

Some problems with this is that some of the girls don't seem to be sticking very well to the plan and may ruin it for everyone. Also the headmaster is on to them very quick. So they must perform these tasks fast.

I rated the film a 6/10.

I think the ideas in the film were extraordinary. If they had just worked better on the real life story I think it would have been much better. I am of course referring to where they aren't in their make believe world. The chicks were pretty hot as well, so thats always a plus. Comparribly to most of the people who watched the film, I liked the beginning and end. I thought they came together very well. This is the only exception I would make to the "real life" portion of the film. Also graphics were pretty fucking awesome. I would not have made any changes to the scenes where they were in make believe land.

For the bad parts.
It seems to have gone too fast and some of the parts where just stupid. I am of course referring to the parts that dealt with the characters when they weren't in their fantasy world. After the CGI scenes they come back, and you pretty much go... wtf is this shit. . Also I did not think the music in the trailer depicted what kind of background music we'd be listening to when we saw the film. It was pretty much utter crap.

So overall, it was alright. I wouldn't spend money to go see it in the theater. But I guess you could always make the arugment that it'd look a lot more awesome if you saw it on a big screen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode