Sucker Punch - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 12:44 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
(Personally think that Alan Moore should have kept his comic in print longer just to deny the film rights to anyone.)
He gave away the film rights to everything a long time ago, though he is famously not happy about what's been produced (rightly so in most cases)

I didn't mind watchmen to be honest, but at the same time it was really very unnecessary.

Glad to see some people have enjoyed Suckerpunch, more hopeful now that i'm not walking into a complete trainwreck next week.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

It was nor horrid but there are SO many better movies out right now.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 04:25 AM
Curiouser and Curiouser

I thought it was pretty good, but in all honesty my favorite thing that I took away from the movie was the AMAZING soundtrack. Seriously, every song and musical score was excellent and I fully intend on purchasing said soundtrack asap. ALSO...

SPOILERS

Spoiler tags are not a very hard thing, [@spoiler][@/spoiler] with the @'s removed. - darkreveer

Last edited by darkreever; 03-28-11 at 03:47 AM.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-28-11, 03:23 AM

Takizuchi's Flag is: USA

I saw this movie, and i liked it. I enjoyed the ending immensly and the soundtrack, Girls and effects where all just amazing. The fight scenes had a really great feel to them. Also am i the only one who got the feeling of 40K when it was the WW1 fight? cause i sure did. I mean 4 SM/SoB with one Dreadnought/terminator/penitence engine wiping out a WWI german soilder themed IG army? Heck the one german commander even looked like a Commissar/Lord Commissar (probably spelled that wrong) or even a Company Commander. Heck you can even say it was the Death Korps that they where fighting.

Oh and on another note. and really sorry to be a stickler on this one. they weren't Nazi's. they where world war one era Germans.

Some days i swear my dice are trying to get me killed.
Is it bad sportsmanship to cackle evilly during ones game?
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-28-11, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I was thinking steampunk DKOK when I saw the WWI germans.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-11, 03:13 PM

Well, I got to watch my 'early' preview last night.

Unfortunately I wasn't impressed. A lot of it felt like a video game that I would be more than happy to play, but I was getting really agitated just sitting back and watching.

The simplistic 'get these 4 items to win the level' plot device irritated me, and the parts where she dances seemed like epic cutscenes in said videogame.

I did enjoy the fantasy parts, and like people have said, who doesn't want to watch a schoolgirl fight a 10 foot samurai with a katana? Everything else just failed to live up to these moments, with the plot and dialogue suffering more than anything else.

I'm sure there is probably some clever, deep-seeded iconography buried in the links between the mental hospital reality and the fantasy of the brothel, but they are far from obvious. Even if they are there, they aren't explored in any depth, and I think that would have made the film much more interesting.

I wouldn't waste your cash on this. Wait for the DVD and watch it with friends and alcohol.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-11, 02:35 AM

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

I forgot to reply after I saw this so I am very late
I thought it was fun to watch not to understand.
They didn't explain at all for any reason why when she danced they entered fantasy-land. When she first went into the snowy Japan place and the old man said, "Take off your shoes."
she should have said something like, "Where the **** am i?!" instead of, "Okay your a creepy old man, I'll do anything you say."

This movie did have a great soundtrack and I did enjoy watching it. They added a lot of neat details into it. Blue was an ice cold villain.

And did anyone else think that Rocket looked like a realistic version of Rikku from Final Fantasy X (not X-2)
regardless she was hot

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-11, 03:10 AM

Thought the movie was utter crap. fuck my life. I spent 12 bucks on the movie too.

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-03-11, 11:30 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I thought it was quite good, and, to my surprise, the wife thought it was the best film she'd seen all year. The action scenes alone make it a good'un, but the slightly disturbing real life story line made it very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
I was thinking steampunk DKOK when I saw the WWI germans.
All I could see were DKoK fallen to Nurgle.

As Hurricane said, the sound track was awesome. I'm not one for buying soundtracks, but I might make an exception on this one.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-03-11, 09:38 PM

On a side note, did anyone think the rating was a little low?

No idea what it received in the states, but the UK rating is 12A...so technically a 5 year old could watch it with a parent.

I really hope they weren't editing to get a 12A rating, (not really sure why they would...horny teens?) as i think they would have had more room to manoeuvre the plot within a 15.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode