Limitless [Review] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default Limitless [Movie Review]

I just saw the movie Limitless today. I gotta say, that movie kind of blew me away. Going to see it, I didn't really know what to expect.

The movie is about this writer, named Eddie Morra. The movie starts off by showing what kind of lifestyle Eddie lives by showing him waking up one morning to his shitty apartment, where everything is dirty and out of place. Eddie is clearly an unmotivated guy.

But Eddie suddenly gets the last bit of bad luck he needs when his lover leaves him in a resturant. Having lost a previous lover (and wife) and having writer's block, the man is completely lost. Until one day he bumps into his ex-brother in law out in the street. The two catch up and have drinks and here is where Eddie is introduced to something that will change his life. Whats even more interesting is that the drug is more potent the smarter the person is. And Eddie is a pretty smart guy, the only problem is that he is completely lost in life.

The pill changes his life, but he grows to become depend it on it for many things. First its to save what is left of him as he was being drained from his life. Then as he gets a job and gets love back into his life, its to save them. But the problem is keeping them. After seeing his ex-wife who had taken his drug, he sees how terrible it can be to withdraw from the drug.

And besides that, there are people after him for this extraordinary drug. Will he survive the serious withdrawl effects of the drug, or will he have to stay on it? Will he be able to face and defeat the people that are after him for this drug? Or will he need to keep running away? Find out next time on DRAGONBALLZ!

I give this movie a 7/10. Definitely a good movie, and I look forward to seeing it sometime in the future. Though, I wouldn't watch it in theaters again. I may be searching for other movies to watch.

Some good things about the film is that one can definitely relate to the characters if they know or have been in a drug or alcoholic problem. Being unmotivated and trying to find the will to get back up. The acting is believable and the fiction part is quite entertaining.

Some parts that could possibly get on the viewers nerves is how fast the film can be, and how crazy the drug in the film can be for the characters. For the most part its a bullshit drug. And if your one of the many idiots who watches the film and leaves the film thinking to themselves that they should probably go out and try out everything they can, they are really going to get a wake up call.

Last edited by ckcrawford; 03-23-11 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 07:19 AM

The movie was boring. ..!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode