Man vs Food - A different perspective - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Curiouser and Curiouser

Default Man vs Food - A different perspective

I didn't see a thread on the first page so I thought starting a new thread was the easiest way to get a discussion going.

This is not a thread about "loving" this show or anything like that. Honestly, I get nauseous just watching the host shovel piles of food into his mouth. I'm just curious why this kind of television is entertaining because I personally don't get what gluttony and shoving pounds of food into your face is supposed to do. It's such a huge waste of food and it's terrible on your body. Plus, promoting this kind of lifestyle is irresponsible. It doesn't matter if the host eats well and works out, etc between episodes because all the audience sees is a big crowd cheering on a guy consuming a week's worth of calories.

I understand each individual has their own personal tastes but I simply cannot stand this show. Anyone in the same boat, or would like to offer a differing opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 12:45 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

The show isnt about promoting a life style its about regional foods from around the states and a challenge, hence the shows title Man vs Food, the challenges are about over coming the odds or endurance, yes there are elements of gluttony to the show, but if you look at the show over the course of a series there are plenty of mouth watering normal sized regional dishes, though i have to admit they generally are meat based but they are about diversity and differenace from state to state and restaurant to restaurant, plus plenty of food history and promotion of good quality independent places to eat thrown in to the mix. Honestly i would kill to have just one or two none chain fast food restaurants near me, if its not subway,mcdonalds,kfc,BK or gregs your screwed

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 07:14 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Personally, I quite like the show.

Why? I am not sure why, I suppose watching a jolly fat man gorge himself on obscene quantities of food.

But yes, as B&K said, the show is only partially about the challenges; much 0f what the show is is about is showcasing different queasiness and dishes from across the world. It is about culinary diversity..... and a jolly fat man consuming far to much food.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode