Star Wars in 3D Gets an Official Release Date - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-09-11, 12:05 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Plus there is always darth maul, he just gets me through episode 1, i can put up with jarjar and jake loyds poor acting because i know that later on we are going to be treated to some bad ass light sabre action.
But i'll also know he's going to die, and Qui-gon the enigma will die, and the 2 most promising things to come from Phantom Menace are gone! Gone i say!

I know i'm still going to watch it though. Just because it's star wars, and i want to see Ray Parks ruling the school in 3D. For the first hour and a half i might try and make up my own dialogue and see where that takes me....

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-09-11, 02:26 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

3D? Honestly, they are doing this shit in 3D? Fuck you, George Lucas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
The reason the Prequels "failed":

You guys overhyped them.

They were all great movies, and episode III was pretty damn amazing. Episode II had cool battle, and Episode I was kick ass.
No, no, no... no they failed because they sucked.

I am a fucking huge SW fan, but the first 3 episodes suck.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 03-09-11 at 02:33 AM.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-09-11, 11:08 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion Alaric View Post
The internet was the worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars. he cant please any of you and im glad he doesnt try. you don't deserve it.
really?, he can't please us by releasing awful movies?, what a fucking suprise that is.
the original trilogy was fine, they were good enough enjoyable movies, that made allot of fans.
the new trilogy is shite, simple as, shite doesn't please anyone suprisingly except doelago, the only person to be excited by shades of poo.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-09-11, 01:36 PM
Village Idiot

Kalshinko's Flag is: USA

Yes fanboys! Dude with the Jar Jar tat, and he's like "Yeah hes gonna be the shit!" so funny!

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I am conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

Last edited by Kalshinko; 03-09-11 at 01:39 PM.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-09-11, 02:52 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Fanboys was a great movie. Just a lil too sad in the end.

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-10-11, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Im a huge SW fan, i love all the movies, granted some more than others, im really enjoying the clone wars cartoon and im reading the making of Empire strikes back at the moment, its a great book, im about half way through and you would not believe the shit that goes into making a movie in the 70's, anyway love them or hate them the star wars movies are the most successful movies of all time,no other movies have come close to replicating there success both financially or on society or on cinema, hundreds of movies since the first film and ever since owe a huge debt to George lucas and his vison and the companies and people hes brought together not to mention the technology and methods he pioneered and that his six movies have funded.Add to that the effect on society(even this evening my wife filled in the UK census with my religion as jedi)im not talking about just movie quotes or fond memories, star wars changed popular culture and how people think and the prequels are part of that phenomenon.

On a side note if your a starwars fan check out the movie "fanboys" very funny story about 4 guys who want to break into skywalker ranch to see episode 1 early before one of them dies of cancer, its a road trip,anti star terk kevin smith clerks type movie.

Which is kinda my point, someone made a movie about a story about wanting to see the prequels so badly they would break the law to do it, how many movie franchises can boast a movie about the madness of its fan base on the lead up to the release of one of the 6 films?

Plus there is always darth maul, he just gets me through episode 1, i can put up with jarjar and jake loyds poor acting because i know that later on we are going to be treated to some bad ass light sabre action.

Dont get me wrong episode one has some serious problems, the first being i think they started anakin too young, personally i think they should have found him,recruited him and Rocky 4 training montaged him to teenage (obviously with a sweet 80's Harold faltameyer sound track) and then have him get involved with padme, the way it is in the movie makes it just a bit pedo, bearded man come to a village buy a young boy from an eastern European sounding alien slave master and tells him hes going to become a jedi?
would have made more sense for him to be a young teen working on a moisture farm,who is appraoched by a bearded man who tells him to following and he will train him to be a jedi......oh wait ....
Fuck, I just found out that I could not rep you...

On a side note, everyone should see the "Empire of Dreams" documentary. Fucking best documentary ever. You can find it in the original trilogy DVD special edition, or on YouTube.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-10-11, 01:42 PM
Village Idiot

Kalshinko's Flag is: USA

Yes Empire of Dreams is one of the best I have seen!

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I am conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-10-11, 07:44 PM

connor's Flag is: USA

whats it about?

quote]The problem is that most Ork players seem to run a "Bitsa" list.
Bitsa this, bitsa that, you get the idea.

[/quote]
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-10-11, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor View Post
whats it about?
Empire of Dreams or Star Wars itself?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode