Star Wars in 3D Gets an Official Release Date - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 06:56 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidicus 40k View Post
When your movie franchise starts with an Episode FOUR, how can you NOT go back in time to cover Episodes 1 - 3?
Before Phantom Menace i don't think anyone who liked Star Wars had a problem with Lucas making prequels. It's more what he did with them that has invoked the utter sense of disappointment.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 07:03 PM
Village Idiot

Kalshinko's Flag is: USA

To each his own, granted the pres could have been better but if we didn't have them there would be a million people bitching how he never finished starwars.

Guess some people won't be happy with them, and they will bitch and moan. I for one will be spending my hard earned cash to see them. If you didn't like the movies, or don't want to see em, then don't.

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I am conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 07:25 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Before Phantom Menace i don't think anyone who liked Star Wars had a problem with Lucas making prequels. It's more what he did with them that has invoked the utter sense of disappointment.
I quoted the wrong TheSpore quote, sorry

This fits what I was addressing better: "As much as I can't stand star trek at least the majority of the films were about moving forward and not backwards and here and there. Minus the recent reboot that is."

The Phantom Menace sucked, but Attack of the Clones was bearable because of the battle at the end and Revenge of the Sith was cool because it was the birth of the Empire. Yes, Emokin was the biggest issue, but ignoring him, the prequels weren't all that bad.

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidicus 40k View Post
The Phantom Menace sucked, but Attack of the Clones was bearable because of the battle at the end and Revenge of the Sith was cool because it was the birth of the Empire. Yes, Emokin was the biggest issue, but ignoring him, the prequels weren't all that bad.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the prequels, i was just disappointed with them. Not only because of the precedent set by ep 4-6, but also because there were some genuinely good ideas in the prequels, that were heavily outweighed by poor directing and scripting.

Quote:
To each his own, granted the pres could have been better but if we didn't have them there would be a million people bitching how he never finished starwars.
As far as i was concerned it was finished. There's been so much 'expanded universe' put out since the original films you could really pick and choose any blanks you wanted filled in.

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 08:57 PM

Champion Alaric's Flag is: Canada

The internet was the worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars. he cant please any of you and im glad he doesnt try. you don't deserve it.

OK, stop me if you heard this one..The Emperor, Horus and an Inquistor walk into a bar...
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

The reason the Prequels "failed":

You guys overhyped them.

They were all great movies, and episode III was pretty damn amazing. Episode II had cool battle, and Episode I was kick ass.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 09:49 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Less overhype. I'm sure everyone knew what type of shit there would be after the Phantom Menace; which I found far more bearable than the other two, even with Jar Jar (I'm easily amused).

Ewan Macgregor wasn't boring, and Liam Neeson was quality as ever. R2D2 was good, Anakin hadn't just lost out to Keanu Reeves for most wooden actor, and Natalie Portman wasn't wearing those fucking stupid outfits, so looked peng as fuck.

Oh, and they had a huge fuck off fish eel thing beaten by a hugerer fish eel thing. Outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
The reason the Prequels "failed":

You guys overhyped them.

They were all great movies, and episode III was pretty damn amazing. Episode II had cool battle, and Episode I was kick ass.
meh.

I watched the first films when I was probably about 8 or 9. I didn't really watch them again until 6 months after Phantom Menace came out, mainly because i'd seen PM and thought I should give them a proper run through.

Episode 1 just isn't a very good film in my opinion.

Quote:
The internet was the worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars. he cant please any of you and im glad he doesnt try. you don't deserve it.
Who are you trying to insult here?

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 10:52 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im a huge SW fan, i love all the movies, granted some more than others, im really enjoying the clone wars cartoon and im reading the making of Empire strikes back at the moment, its a great book, im about half way through and you would not believe the shit that goes into making a movie in the 70's, anyway love them or hate them the star wars movies are the most successful movies of all time,no other movies have come close to replicating there success both financially or on society or on cinema, hundreds of movies since the first film and ever since owe a huge debt to George lucas and his vison and the companies and people hes brought together not to mention the technology and methods he pioneered and that his six movies have funded.Add to that the effect on society(even this evening my wife filled in the UK census with my religion as jedi)im not talking about just movie quotes or fond memories, star wars changed popular culture and how people think and the prequels are part of that phenomenon.

On a side note if your a starwars fan check out the movie "fanboys" very funny story about 4 guys who want to break into skywalker ranch to see episode 1 early before one of them dies of cancer, its a road trip,anti star terk kevin smith clerks type movie.

Which is kinda my point, someone made a movie about a story about wanting to see the prequels so badly they would break the law to do it, how many movie franchises can boast a movie about the madness of its fan base on the lead up to the release of one of the 6 films?

Plus there is always darth maul, he just gets me through episode 1, i can put up with jarjar and jake loyds poor acting because i know that later on we are going to be treated to some bad ass light sabre action.

Dont get me wrong episode one has some serious problems, the first being i think they started anakin too young, personally i think they should have found him,recruited him and Rocky 4 training montaged him to teenage (obviously with a sweet 80's Harold faltameyer sound track) and then have him get involved with padme, the way it is in the movie makes it just a bit pedo, bearded man come to a village buy a young boy from an eastern European sounding alien slave master and tells him hes going to become a jedi?
would have made more sense for him to be a young teen working on a moisture farm,who is appraoched by a bearded man who tells him to following and he will train him to be a jedi......oh wait ....

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-11, 11:47 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not a clue who Jake Lloyd was, so wiki'd.

Quote:
Jake Lloyd (born March 5, 1989) is a former American actor, who gained worldwide fame when he was chosen by George Lucas to play the young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, the first film in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. He reprised this role in five subsequent Star Wars video games. Lloyd is also known for his recurring roles as Jimmy Sweet in ER, and Young Angelo in The Pretender. He previously guest starred in the show as a character named Ronny Collins. He also appeared in the 1998 TV film Host. He retired in 2001.
Quote:
Jake Lloyd (born March 5, 1989) is a former American actor

Quote:
former American
Whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode