I think I just watched the worst movie in recent history - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 05:43 PM
Village Idiot

Kalshinko's Flag is: USA

I was really suprised at how much I still enjoyed it. The last time I saw it I was a kid, it is one of those movies that will always be good.

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I am conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 07:39 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Come on!! you cant give a thread title like that and not mention any of the Twilight films!!

Centurion is quality by the way, if you havent seen it rent it or buy it now

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 08:05 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Hahahahah Legion was horrendous. For some reason, I was thinking of Centurion when I saw the thread - and was about to rage about how my future wife Olga Kuryalenko should not be insulted as such. But I'll sit back, and give you a free reign.

But Black Swan was quality, the King's Speech, Paul, and Gnomeo and Juliet. Yes. Even Gnomeo and Juliet.
Thats exactly what I thought for some reason. Either that or The Eagle. I was like... come on. It can't be that bad. Even if its not your taste in movie. You can't possibly compare it to the worst films ever made.

So I was like... he can't be talking about... wait a minute... its called Centurion. Not Legion.

The title was awesome though. Too bad it couldn't protect the integrity of the film.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 08:12 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I dont know, I thought Twilight and Eclipse weren't too bad... I'll grant you that New Moon is in the running for worst movie of all time. Though while losing a few hours to watch some of the films might be ok if anyone suggests I read one of the books I will unleash a flamethrower...

Centurion is well worth watching, good plot, good acting and Olga Kurylenko (although I think I prefer Imogen Poots).
Then again, I'm in the mood for slightly odd films currently, having just watched Nightwatch and Daywatch...

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 09:24 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I got offered a free copy of legion a few weeks ago through work, i feel more justified in refusing now.

The fighter and never let me go are worth checking out if they are still on near you.

And for a completely out of left field suggestion, try Cypher. It didn't get much recognition or make any money but it's a damn fine film.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 09:45 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The films don't do the Quadrology justice. Definitely, definitely recommend having a read of Sergei Kukyanenko's books. Twilight Watch is an oustanding holiday read.

Don't read it on the train though, you'll get Tweenage Weeaboo's thinking that it's some cheap copy of THOSE Series. As to the books, the story is fairly shit, but strangely, well acted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Hahahahah Legion was horrendous. For some reason, I was thinking of Centurion when I saw the thread
Centurion was a quality film. Good plot, very cool cinematography and the locations and such were really beautiful. My only dislike was the over use of the "300" blood and gore. Some is fine but too much detracts from the film I though. It didn't add to the film so it should have been used more sparingly for my personal tastes, but what ever, it was a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Come on!! you cant give a thread title like that and not mention any of the Twilight films!!
If I had ever seen the Twilight films I might be able to say they were utter shit, but, I have never viewed those films, so I cannot make judgment. I will say that those women and girls that go all bat shit crazy for it need a good kick in the ass for acting like they do. And any guy that acts all retarded over them needs to be sterilized so not to pollute the gene pool.

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 02-25-11 at 11:18 PM.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 10:31 PM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Besides that, the whole fucking film was cheesier than the King Of Cheese.
What are you trying to say?

Personally i think that Inception should get a mention.
While its not the "worst" movie, it is by FAR the most overrated.
Deserves a 3 or 4 out of 10, and instead got put in the top 10 movies of all time.
Yeah right.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 11:01 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I loved inception! Was an awesome mind fuck film. Gnomeo and Juilet was a good one. Thinking about going and watching something tonight but I have had horrid luck picking them.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 11:04 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
Personally i think that Inception should get a mention.
While its not the "worst" movie, it is by FAR the most overrated.
Deserves a 3 or 4 out of 10, and instead got put in the top 10 movies of all time.
Yeah right.
A lot of people would disagree with you though

Perhaps you've just been eating so much cheese that the concept of crazy dreams within dreams is commonplace and boring

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode