The Green Hornet - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-11, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default The Green Hornet

Based off a radio series in the 1930's there was definitely some controversy and large expectations to live up to its former glory.

The movie starts off with the main character, Britt Reid, and his father who don't seem to get along very well. Britt gets sent to his father's office over a fight from school. Fast forward about a decade later, you see Britt in a new light. He parties, lives life, gets laid, and makes his father look like a clown.

Britt Reid's father (James Reid), owns a news paper and therefore has devoted his life in telling the public about the corruption that is going around the city. Soon after a confrontation with his father over how Britt has publicly humiliated him, something happens to Britt's father that forces him to grow up faster than he expected...

Britt soon after gets to know his father's coffee boy who makes awesome coffee with his special coffee machine. After seeing more of this guy/ Kato's toys, he decides that Kato and him should be superheroes and combat crime.

As he ventures his life against crime while also controlling the newspaper he slowly discovers what happened to his father and what a corrupt city he is actually living in.

I got to say, the movie was pretty good. I wasn't dissapointed at all. I rate the movie a 2.5 out of 4 stars. Christoph Waltz come out again with a awesome performance. Whether you decide to rent it for a dollar or watch it in a movie theater, its a pretty good watch. Its always better to watch it in a big screen. But if you have a big screen at home then the power to yah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-11, 10:39 PM

Master of Sanctity's Flag is: New Zealand

Bruce Lee was hands down the best Kato ever! For me this movie was average at best, a few good parts here and there.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 03:17 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Haven't seen the movie but I intend to get it on dvd when it comes out .
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 06:26 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Being annoyed with a poster of this movie on the wall of a Pizzeria I use to visit, I am in no intentions of watching it.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 07:47 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I saw it in the cinema, and was pleasantly surprised. Her indoors has a thing for comic book movies, so while I probably wouldn't have gone off my own bat, I did end up enjoying it. While it's no masterpiece, it is quite amusing in parts. As said previously, Cristoph Walts does an excellent job as a maniacal bad guy. I just hope he doesn't get type cast. 7/10 for me.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 08:09 PM

Gluttoniser's Flag is: Netherlands

I thought Waltz provided a villain, not a character. Plot didn't make sense ( I mean when Rogen starts to hype up his own alter-ego through his newspaper, why don't the editors just say: Dude, he cut off a head off a statue, he's not some sort of new kingpin of crime, he's just a vandalist.)

RUNES OF WARDING Y U NO LEAVE?!

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ar#post1057655 <--- My Word Bearers log
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 10:23 PM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

I'd give it a 8 out of 10. As far as superhero movies go, it isn't the best, but it's better than most serious ones. As a comedy, it beats most of the other stupid shit that people are making. Most of the humor is visible on the surface, and several jokes were funny on multiple levels. The villain was interesting, and managed to be hilarious (bonus points for having an Eastern European name). His extreme insecurity and eventual transformation into a pathetically thought out identity (although his catchphrase wasn't half bad) were well played. Kato was one of the best characters, though his "ninja vision" was a little strange. The only major qualm I had about this movie was the ending which, without giving any spoilers, was surprisingly bloody, and resulted in some mood whiplash. Also marring my movie experience was the fact that it was only available in the unreasonably priced 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 10:48 PM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

I liked it a lot, thought it was a bit longer than it needed to be, but I still had a good time. Loved the ending.

USMC, Oorah!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 05:36 AM

I liked it. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of ten. Its a movie I'd watch in theaters comparred most of these stupid films.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-11, 11:56 AM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, although a Big comic book/ superhero fan, I'd never come across green hornet much, so can't compare weither this was "True" to source or not,

I can however say this, The 3D was REALLY not needed, theres 3 types of 3D film IMO:

1) Wow, 3D really worked here, added good layers of depth.
2) Not needed, and to many "Ooooh! 3D!" scenes (My bloody valentine 3d is a good example of this.)
3) ...Why?

This (and Avatar) fall into the 3rd group.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode