Gaunts Ghosts tv series, who would you cast? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default Gaunts Ghosts tv series, who would you cast?

As a side note before we begin, theres a small chance of spoilers ahead. No deaths or anything are listed, but some may argue merely having the ranks of some of the Ghosts and the reasoning for the choices will spoil certain aspects. So be warned

Title says it all. If they were to make a Gaunts Ghosts tv series(too much for a film) who would you cast in the various roles. Don't just base it off looks, think of actors who not only fit the characters description(if they even have one) but also on whether they could act out that role. Heres some of mine, you'll notice most are actors from tv shows anyway, as i believe there is a very big difference between a film actors ability and a tv series actor.

Colonel-Commisar Ibram Gaunt - Damien Lewis
- I actually had a real hard time trying to think of someone who could capture the role of Gaunt propperly, and even then im not eniterly happy with my choice. But based off Damiens performance in Band of Brothers as Winters, i think he could pull it off

Major Elim Rawne - Matthew Settle
Another Band of Brothers actor you'll notice, but seriously after watching him play Spiers, i've not doubt he could do an amazing job as Rawne. He's got the handsome yet deadly look to him i think, he can easily portray that intimidating command role.

Colonel Colm Corbec - Jeffery Dean Morgan
- Another hard one to cast and one i thought long and hard on. But in the end i think Morgan could both pull off the gentle character of Corbec whilst still portraying that commanding role and give him a big bushy beard and hair and i think he could look the part aswell, granted a bit shorter than Colm i think.

Captain Ban Daur - Jamie Lee Bamber
- He was one of the first choices i made and for me could fit the role perfectly. He's got the Daur look of looking and sounding like hes from a good background and as a result be underestimated, but could actually command extremely well and effectively. And pull off Daurs charm at the same time.

Chief Medic Tolin Dorden - Tony Amendola
- Alot of you will know him for his role as Bra'tac in Stargate. This is a casting in which i feel i fell more for the looks part than the role, as he does seem a bit too aggressive and wild to play the calm non-combatant Dorden. But i dunno, for some reason i just picked him

Sergeant Tona Criid - Katee Sackhoff
- If you've watched Battlestar Galactica i think you'll agree with me, if you haven't, then watch it. She is another role which i found all too easy to cast.

Major Gol Kolea - Neil Mcdonough
- Again of the Band of Brothers fame. And once again from his performance in both that and other films and shows, i feel he could play the part very well and has the look of Kolea(imo)

Flame-Trooper Brostin - Adam Baldwin
- Brostin has to have someone big, intimidating, a slight malcontent and funny actor to play him. Baldwin fits all of these roles, when i read the books he is even who i imagine Brostin to be.

Adjutant Murt Feygor - Zachary Quinto
- From acting Sylar he just oozes that ruthlessness and not to be trusted attitude of Feygor.

Surgeon Ana Curth - Jennifer Garner
- Again someone who fromt he very start has been the image of Curth for me when i read the books. Think she has the looks to play Curth and could very well play the role aswell. Another strong contender for me is Maria Bello

Sniper Jessi Banda - Eliza Dushku
- Got the looks, spunky flirty attitude and ability to play Banda perfectly i think, probably a bit too small of a role for an actress of her status, but i still think she's a dead ringer for Banda

Scout-Trooper Wes Maggs - Jensen Ackles
- Brilliant actor who can both play the likeable, serious and light hearted comic relief role which Maggs seems to be filling

That's all the cast i can think about for now, below are the other Ghosts i feel are the other main characters of the book awith significant parts and as such need someone, but i just can't think of the right person for any of them just yet.

Sergeant Dermot Caffran
Scout Sergeant Oan Mkoll
Scout Trooper Bonin
Scout Trooper Mkvenner
Vox-Officer, Adjutant Beltayn
Master Sniper Larkin
Sergeant Ceglan Varl
Ayatani Zweil
Eszrah ap Niht
Commisar Viktor Hark
Captain Flynn Meryn
Captiain 'Shoggy' Domor
Sergeant Agun Soric
Trooper Brin Milo
Trooper Lijah Cuu
Trooper Bragg
Major Braden Baskevyl
Junior Commisar Nahum Ludd
Adjutant Dalin Criid
Trooper Rhen Merrt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode