Actual Villains for Batman 3 announced! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 10:13 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have to echo the "trust Nolan" statement, The joker was written exactly how he needed to be and was performed to perfection, when i heard that the joker was going to be in the second film i cringed,not because it was heath ledger(who was awesome) but because "comic book" joker would have screwed up what was the reason for "batman begins" success which was its grounding and firmly set in the real world.
Focus always lands on the joker, but i think every villain so far has been an excellent real world interpretation of the comics, i think it shows great courage for Nolan and his peeps to put on screen what is right for the movie and not what the fans think is correct, the movies are not the comics, the comics will still be comics when the movies are released, Mark Hamil will still be the jokers voice in the animated series and the games, but they don't all have to match up, but they do all have to live up to there own mediums strengths and avoid its weaknesses.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 02:37 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=20566&count=0

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robin? Not sure if this is a good idea.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 02:41 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddy View Post
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=20566&count=0

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robin? Not sure if this is a good idea.
I'm willing to see where this goes, the way Nolan has done Batman and his ensemble of villains so far is encouraging. It'd be interesting to see if he could somehow 'adultify' Robin, make him a believable character.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 08:13 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
I'm willing to see where this goes, the way Nolan has done Batman and his ensemble of villains so far is encouraging. It'd be interesting to see if he could somehow 'adultify' Robin, make him a believable character.
Robin has some workable storylines that would fit on film, but i'd be tempted to call bullshit on the rumour tbh.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 03:16 PM

Emet, Paladin of Truth's Flag is: USA

great, now I'm going to have to bring a towel to the theatre to see this movie....

Have you ever felt so at one with the world, with the universe, with everything that is, that you were overcome with love?

That is reality. That is the truth. What we make of it is up to us.

-One by Richard Bach
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-11, 06:51 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

I don't like the fact it's catwoman. Thats really crap imo.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-11, 08:32 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

If done correctly and more in line with some of the comics catwoman could be a fantastic character,
a batman like character with slightly less morals could work very well on film (and would sit very well with batmans journey, especially after harvey dent in the dark knight).

I firmly believe these robin rumours are pure BS,
partly seeing as Nolan has on film said he prefers batman stories where he teams up with darker characters (he mentioned catwoman) to batman & robin,
if Nolan is not a fan of batman & robin and bale feels that way as well,
then I would be very surprised.

If we were to see a comic book like story where bane defeats batman then I would expect catwoman to help him (after probably hindering him for the first half of the film)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-11, 09:40 AM

Eviltim's Flag is: United Kingdom

Can I just raise a Point, Hathaway is credited as "Selina Kyle" not "Catwoman"

Although this is to be "Part 3 of 3" It may just be a strong refrence, Or Love Intrest for Bruce, as she is later in the DCU as well as Batman Returns (Still the best IMO)

O Caido o senhor das guerras,
O Caido o senhor das demandas,
quando O Caido chega
O Caido quem manda
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-11, 10:34 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltim View Post
Can I just raise a Point, Hathaway is credited as "Selina Kyle" not "Catwoman"

Although this is to be "Part 3 of 3" It may just be a strong refrence, Or Love Intrest for Bruce, as she is later in the DCU as well as Batman Returns (Still the best IMO)
true but Nolans batman movies are real world,Harvey Dent was never referred to as two face in the movie apart from the time when he referred to what people called him when he was part of police internal affairs, and im not 100% certain that the name scarecrow was used to describe the villain Jonathan crane but was referred to i think by mob boss Marconi, the exception was the Joker but he has no other alias.

Plus lets not forget one thing we might get to see Hathaway in a skin tight pvc cat suit and ultimately thats what matters

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-11, 10:40 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I recently watched Tom Hardy on Alan Carr, and he said that there would be no gimp mask for Bane, the whole S&M thing was out, and the character, while big would be nowhere near the size comic book Bane would be.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode