Deadliest Catch and Other Shows - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-11, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Default Deadliest Catch and Other Shows

Hey everyone.

I'm just wondering have any of you ever watched (and enjoyed) a reality T.V show called Deadliest Catch?

The show follows a number of crab fishing boats up in Alaska, and I must admit, amkes pretty addictive watching.

I'm currently enjoying the second season which is airing on the Discovery Channel here in the UK and would recommend you check it out.

In a way this is what reality T.V shows should be; they follow honest regular guys (and gals!) as they go about their lives which are pretty extrordinary when compared to most other peoples. Yet, for them, it's just a regular days work, albiet in some of the most irregular of circumstances.

Anyway, I was just wondering if people have seen it and what your opinions of it were?

Also I'm aware there are a number of similar shows such as Ice Road Truckers and Axe Men, so if anyone wants to let myself and others know about similar shows I would enjoy hearing/reading that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 06:10 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

I have never missed an episode. Excellent program and what "reality TV" is supposed to be like. I will spare you the details D-A-C of the latest season but be ready for a turn of events that are pretty damn rough. The show really comes into its own around season 3-5 and you start to get a good feel for the guys on those boats, almost to a point where you feel like you know them. Keep watching as it only gets better with every episode and every season.

Another good show that was entertaining was IRT Deadliest Roads. Some of the Ice Road Truckers travel to India to drive trucks over one of the deadliest roads known to man. Some pretty hairy moments happen. Give it a watch if you enjoy Ice Road Truckers and shows like that.

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 02-02-11 at 06:13 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 09:00 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I love deadliest catch. The last season was a real heart breaker,

As you say, they're normal blokes doing a tough job. Not a huge fan of IRT, there's none of them really likable. Axe Men is quite good, also, the new show on History, Swamp People is really good. Mad fuckers hunting alligators in Louisiana.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 02-02-11 at 09:02 PM.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 09:23 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah the incident you speak of was nasty.

Swamp People is a good one too, exciting.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

I've just started the Fourth Season, where the Time Bandit put that truck onboard their ship and then tied it to the Cornelia Marie's string lol.

I would try and rank my favourite ships but they are all pretty good.

Overall the show is just pure quality, and I never miss an episode.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 06:14 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
I've just started the Fourth Season, where the Time Bandit put that truck onboard their ship and then tied it to the Cornelia Marie's string lol.
Wasn't that in retaliation for Phil and the boys "piping" one of Johnathan's pots? Or is it the other way round? They do know how to set a damn funny prank on each other.

But if your only on season 4 then you are in for one hell of ride over the next couple of seasons!

If I was to work on one of the boats it would have to be the Time Bandit. Not only do they make the money, they know how to have fun too. But, they will work your ass harder than any other boat from the show. I would also work on The Northwestern. Those guys are a bit crazier then the rest but do run a tight ship. I could work for them.

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 02-03-11 at 06:20 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

I'm just curious if anybody has been watching the new season that has started on Discovery about a month or so ago?

Its still an excellent quality show and I highly recommend you tune in.

Also, a show called Gold Rush (I think) has been interesting, both the times I've watched it on Discovery as well.

Its about a group of men and their families who start up a gold mining business in America, and its actually worth watching if you like watching decent reality T.V.

Finally Pawn Stars is also good for a laugh on History Channel, it follows ... a pawn shop, although it does get a little repetitive.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 10:24 PM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

Deadliest Catch is a great show and i've probably seen every episode (Cable TV ftw). The latest Series starts here in Aus next week I think...very interested to see how Phil's boys handle things without him.

Gold Rush has just started here as well...looks good so far.

Discovery Channel is pure gold mostly.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 10:33 PM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

As Vash has said before, Swamp People is a good one and so's Swords. I like those both better than Deadliest Catch.

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-11, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arumichic View Post
As Vash has said before, Swamp People is a good one and so's Swords. I like those both better than Deadliest Catch.
You like Swords more than Deadliest Catch? What have you been smoking lol.

(I'm kidding, everyone can like what they want ... athough ... swords over DC? .... WTF?)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode