The Black Swan - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default The Black Swan

I watched the film the other day. I was just wondering what you all thought about the film.

I thought the beginning was pretty good before she took the drugs then it just got crazy fast at the end. I thought it ruined the potential of the movie. The end was pretty good though.

I think you have to have an open mind to go watch it. By no means is it your average guy film. What I liked about it, was that it portrayed a woman trying to be the best she could but still showed she wasn't good enough. She was taken advantage of throughout the film and ends up doing the ultimate sacrifice to achieve what shes always wanted. So it was somewhat sad. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 07:52 PM

Tylith's Flag is: USA

I felt the film was amazingly done. The couple of "R" rated scenes helpes immensely, but even without them the movie was a solid A.

"You think to challenge me pitiful human? I, the bane of empire, the father of pain? Let me educate you; I need a new pet..."

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 05:58 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

She was crazy from the start of the film, she just progressively crazier as the film went on. The film was filled with metaphor and did a pretty good job of wrapping it up at the end. The R-rating scenes were nice and honestly added to the film.

Sex, Drugs and ballet.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 08:32 AM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't think I could bring myself to watch a film about a ballet... perhaps I will one day.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 08:37 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I didn't think it would be all that great but it really is a good mind fuck movie.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-11, 10:02 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like it as a movie. However its representation of the ballet world is obviosly hammed up to make a better Hollywood production.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-11, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I don't think I could bring myself to watch a film about a ballet... perhaps I will one day.
Lol. Thats perfectly understandable. I felt weird walking in there. Even got some looks and whispers from the other men... "He's not gay... whats he doing here?" lol. JK. JK. Nothing against gay people.

I pretty much only watched it because I heard the rated R scene was amazing, and the Natalie Portman is a woman I have been in love with for a long time. But, the scene was alright at most. The scene itself wouldn't change my mind or opinion on the film. Was the awesome of a scene. I almost think that without the other rated R content the movie may have not been rated R for the scene alone.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-11, 08:03 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im tempted to watch it because of the description given to me by my friends.

"Fight club but with ballet dancers"

May wait for it to come out on DVD on get my Girlfriend to rent it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-11, 09:50 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Watched it earlier today, and I really enjoyed it. The thing i enjoyed most about it was how odd and unsettling the events in the film are, yet at the same time I was utterly engaged with the main character.

Very well directed, great to see Mila Kunis with a proper role and truly amazing work from the young padme amidala. Who knew.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode