X-Men: First Class - Out next year - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default X-Men: First Class - Out next year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_First_Class_(film)

What do people think? I'm pretty unsure about whether this will work or not. For one i can't see James McAvoy as Xavier, its just a terrible idea for me, an american Xavier for one just doesn't sound good (no offence to the yanks among us, i would think a britsh Wolvering or Cyclops would sound daft aswell) Infact in general i just don't like the majority of the casting or the teenage/newbie xmen angle. The choice of characters aren't the best either. But yeah, i'm not looking forward to it really
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 07:24 PM

I've been keeping track of the progress of this film and, TBH, the more I've found out about it the less enthusiastic I've become. Though I honestly don't think it can be worse than X-men Origins: Wolverine was.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 07:30 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

After the travesty of X-men 3 how can it possibly be worse. I am going to agree with you Angel that Professor X should definitely not be American, no offense taken. It just sounds like a horrible casting job in general. It isn't even out yet and I am going to put it in the "that's a rental" category.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 07:51 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well... having worked on the film I can quite honestly say it'll be decent.

The cast is good, Fassbender is fucking awesome, bit iffy on James but he seemed to know his shit. (he's Scottish btw not American) He also lacked the strength of character to beat me in a staring contest. Eyes met, he looked away first... pussy.

Nicholas Hoult as beast was a surprise really but he's a big fucker in the flesh, plus they had him at the Gym pumping up for the role so he didnt look that wimpy.

Bacon on the other hand is class no matter what he does, walks like a mincer though. We had a running bet on to order a Bacon Sandwich at the canteen beside him but didn't get the opportunity...

This btw is the uniform they had me in, shitty US Vietnam Greens (its set in the 60's) with a real M16A2 converted slightly to look more period.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 07:57 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Just looked up MacAvoy's bio and learned that he was Scottish, just doesn't sound it in his accent. I just keep getting the scene from Wanted where he gets the shit beat out of him by the Repairman stuck in my brain. Just doesn't translate to Professor X in my head. We will see. I was soooooo disappointed by the last two X-men movies that I am not going to go into without a bit of trepadation.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-10, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
The cast is good, Fassbender is fucking awesome, bit iffy on James but he seemed to know his shit. (he's Scottish btw not American) He also lacked the strength of character to beat me in a staring contest. Eyes met, he looked away first... pussy.

I think most people would lose in a staring contest with with you, Jez.

I knew McAvoy was Scottish and actually don't really have a problem with him, as I liked him in The Last King of Scotland. I had more of a problem with some of the other castings. For example, I'm sorry but I'll have to see Hoult to believe it. I still picture him as that little shit from About A Boy, and that's even after I watched a few episodes of Skins.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-10, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Admitedly Fassbender is quality and so is Bacon. But the rest are shit, no matter how McAvoy may sound he just doesn't have the presence or feel to play Xavier, it just won't work at all for me. The rest of the casting is still meh. And like i said before the whole concept and choice of characters from the fiction are pretty dire. I'll see anything in the cinema, but it will definetly be watched weeks after its come out and on Orange wednesdays. Just looks blah
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-10, 06:10 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
He also lacked the strength of character to beat me in a staring contest. Eyes met, he looked away first... pussy.
Damn... That made me laugh!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-10, 06:23 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Shit, I'd just like to say Jezlad is awesome.

Oh, the movie? Yeah. Not really looking forward to it, was never a big fan of X-Men honestly. I'm more interested in some of the other upcoming superhero movies, all leading up to The Avengers.

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode