Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Angel - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Curiouser and Curiouser

Default Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Angel

Based on some of the responses in the "saddest moments" thread I'm glad to hear that we have some fans of the Buffyverse here! Buffy is easily my favorite all time show and Angel is right up on my list too so I thought all those other fans could have a place to discuss these shows. Favorite episode, favorite character, etc, any discussion is welcome here. I'll begin.

Well...it's difficult for me to choose a favorite character or even a group of characters that I love on these shows as they are all very well done imo. For varying reasons, my top list would probably include Willow, Wesley, Fred, Spike, Angel, and Giles. I'm also very fond of Mayor Wilkins and Faith of course. I'll just say there are very few main/reprising characters I dislike; well maybe Dawn while she is kind of bitchy after first being introduced. I also own all of the graphic novels (season 8 of Buffy) so feel free to discuss those as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 05:50 AM
Craw-Daddy

Always liked Spike. I never really understood the fate of the characters. I heard that both Spike and Angel are alive in England.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Curiouser and Curiouser

What do you mean by the "fate of the characters?" The stories are still continuing, they are just in graphic novel form now. Neither character is in England at the moment either. I could try to go into season eight of the buffy graphic novel if you like but it has gotten kind of ridiculous (in a good way) and it's kind of difficult to explain
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 12:56 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

My faves characters would be

Fred, Drusilla, Spike, Lorne and Anya probably in that order
but to be fair there were very few characters in the whole of the buffyverse I disliked

fave episodes?,
off the top of my head, dopplegangland and hole in the world

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 01:27 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I challenge anyone to come up with a better character than Spike. Most awesome vampire ever. Especially the episode where he comes back drunk after Dru dumps him.

I've not seen Angel yet, but my GF is getting seasons 1-2 for Xmas so I guess I'll find out!

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 01:38 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

I've never liked Buffy, I always thought it was pretty bad but it had its moments; but I always liked Spike, he was pretty cool.

I'd still choose bufyy over shitlight anyday though.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 01:50 PM

Spike FTW. He's the only vampire who uses a blanket to move around during the day. All those other fools sit around till the sun sets. I never liked Angel much. Always seemed a bit emo to me. I hated Wesley when he was first introduced but as his character got developed, especially in Angel, he actually became one of my favourite characters.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Curiouser and Curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I challenge anyone to come up with a better character than Spike. Most awesome vampire ever. Especially the episode where he comes back drunk after Dru dumps him.

I've not seen Angel yet, but my GF is getting seasons 1-2 for Xmas so I guess I'll find out!
I recently watched a couple episodes of second season and I think that Spike and Dru together comprise my favorite villains in the series. They are so fiendish together but in a quirky romantic way that I can't tear my eyes from the screen. In the episode where they are first introduced, I love the scene where they are just about to kiss but simultaneously they turn and give this foreboding look at the anointed one. Just perfect acting.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 03:15 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I would say Wesley is the best character in both shows. He showed the best and most interesting character development of all of them. Started off the show as a geeky book smart but incompetent watcher who probably wouldn't have been able to hold his own in a fight with a child. By the end of Angel he has completely shed the geeky and incompetent image, he is probably the top expert on deamonology and the occult, even more so than Giles i would argue, a highly skilled combatant in both melee weapons, hand to hand and an excellent marksman, also able to use minor magic powers to boot. If i could make a team out of the characters, Wes would be one of the first in it. And no one can deny just how bad ass it was when he pulled the pistols and shotgun out on the Beast.

One of the other things i really liked about Wes, was that he was always willing to make the hard choices, the options no one else would want to do or even consider. Like from as early as Buffy when Willow had the key to the Mayors assencion, he would let her die rather than let the mayor achive this. Now we all loved Willow and we know it works out in the end and that it sounds harsh as fuck, but seriously, that was the most logical and sane plan, the mayor assending could have had far more dire consequences than it actually did. And then all the numerous decision on Angel. Plus it was just heartbreaking to see him lose Fred.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 03:37 PM
Craw-Daddy

If you'd like lol.

I was just saying. I didn't really understand how the Buffy series could bring back Spike and Angel after they both died. But whatever. I liked their sacrifice. And thats good to know. I didn't know the Buffy Series was still being made. I kind of like the series part where there was that secret underground daemon and vampire enforcement kind of agency. And that little battle when all of them get out was kind of cool.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode