Your favorite actors? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-10, 05:37 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Not in order, but here goes:

Sean Bean (Sharpe, Lord of the Rings)
Morgan Freeman (Alex Cross)
Slyvester Stallone (Rocky)
David Tennant (Doctor Who)
Harrison Ford (Star Wars, Blade Runner, Indiana Jones)
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (I second Lord of the Night), (Hot Fuss and Sean of the Dead)
Tom Hanks (Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons)
Ewan McGregor (Star Wars, Angels and Demons)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-10, 05:58 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

Adam Sandler, Kevin James and rob schneider.

They fucking crack me up.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-10, 07:31 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Ed Harris - A great actor. He conveys emotion into his parts, General Hummel from The Rock, for example. That was the film that made him into my top bunch, he was utterly amazing. His character in Enemy at the Gates, who’s name I forget, was also darkly delightful. His doubles with Viggo Mortensen - A History of Violence and Appaloosa, kept me thoroughly entertained.

Ken Watanabe - Again, a great actor. His roles as General Kuribayashi (Letters from Iwo Jima, a far better film than the American point of view, in my opinion.) and Katsumoto (The Last Samurai.) cemented his place for me. Much like Harris, he is an emotional actor, although it is often down to his roles as tragic characters. Looking forwards to seeing Inception, just so I can see more from my Asian favourite.

Robert De Nero - Simply put, De Nero is a legend. Ever since I watched Goodfellas, where he plays the magnificent Jimmy Conway, I’ve enjoyed his work. His other acting role which sticks out to me is Heat. His criminal characters are simply the best, though John Travolta plays an equally as good corrupt man. His directorial debut with A Bronx Tale also provided me with a good watch, and for that, I am thankful.

Joe Pesci - A lesser known actor, when compared to the three above. Joe Pesci was brilliant in Goodfellas, taking on the tempestuously enjoyable role of Tommy DeVito. His character is both laughable and murderous, and I felt rather bad for him when he dies, despite knowing that I shouldn’t have..

The Sons of Anarchy Cast - I couldn’t do individual sections for each one, but they’re all awesome. Some new faces and some olds ones are tossed into the fray, and there are very few characters that I didn’t like.

John Travolta - I don’t like his good guy roles. Simple as. Films like Grease are merely mistakes. But as a bad un’ he is awesome. Broken Arrow and The Taking of Pelham 123 spring to mind, but I’m sure that there is more.

Bruno Ganz - This is for his excellent role as Adolf Hitler in Downfall. It’s a tossup between him and Watanabe for my favourite foreign actor, not really sure which one it’ll be.

And that’s all that I can remember at the moment, folks!

Edit - The main character from American History X. I forget his name, sadly, but he was brilliant..

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-10, 07:36 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
Edit - The main character from American History X. I forget his name, sadly, but he was brilliant..
That would be Edward Norton and I would have to agree he is good

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode