What Movie did you watch last? - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 138 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 10:27 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Battle: Los Angeles.

Wasn't all that bad. It's not a movie I'd give rave reviews to but it was a pretty enjoyable flick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
Prior to that it was Dredd. Wasn't a fan of it - even though I regard ol' stoneyface higher than any of the American spandex clad superheroes.
Rather enjoyed Dredd to be honest, it's a "sit back and pop your brain into neutral" kind of movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 138 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 01:26 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Tried watching Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter because the trailers made it seem like a cool, tongue-in-cheek spoof on, well several Hollywood tendencies.

Never finished it because I was halfway asleep after the first 20 or so minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #133 of 138 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 12:15 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Iron Skies. I first saw the trailer for this here actually. Finally got around to watching it. My god it was awful, absolutely terrible and I recommend people stay away from it. It doesn't even make it into the 'It's so bad that it's funny' category.

In other films. Being the huge Marvel comics fan that I am I'm watching them all good and bad. So last one from that was Daredevil: Directors Cut. I've always thought that this film was hugely underrated as a film. Yes the hole Electra plot was terrible and the film that spawned from it was bad. But otherwise the film is solid. The casting in relation to their characters was brilliant. Michael Clark Duncan is the perfect kingpin, John Favreau is a good Foggy, Colin Farrel is a damn good Bullseye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #134 of 138 (permalink) Old 07-25-13, 09:15 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Last movie I watched was "The avengers".

It was lame. 3/4 of the movie was the main characters beating the crap out of each other (instead of the bad guy). The rest was divided amongst RDJ being funny and token roles for the others.

I'm NOT a comic-book-fanboy, so it bored me.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #135 of 138 (permalink) Old 08-03-13, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Dredd, last night. What a load of fun - really enjoyed it.
post #136 of 138 (permalink) Old 08-05-13, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Dredd, last night. What a load of fun - really enjoyed it.
Awesome film. I DEMAND(!!!) a sequel

Anyhoo; Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

post #137 of 138 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 03:17 AM

just had a few days off on hols so i have watched a couple recently:

monday night: 'revolver' by guy ritchie; massively under-rated...a philosophical action film where jason statham isnt the most violent person in it...the on-screen guys are very good (ray liotta's character is called 'dorothy'...i dont think anyone saw that coming!), mark strong in particular...behind the scenes guys too (even the props guys; check out the weird money!), great story, good directing, sound and editing...watchit if you get the chance but bring your brain....!

tuesday daytime: 'the nine' with ryan reynolds; most people have never heard of it but a MUST for any gamer....

tuesday night: 'the hobbit: the unexpected journey'...well...tbh its not the greatest film ever made and i only watched it to prepare for 'desolation of smaug' in a few weeks...i think the thing that narks me most about it all the radagast stuff...its nice to see a member of the Istari being given screen time (i did like gandalfs crack about not being able to remember the names of the two blue wizards...most likely cos Warner Bros dint have the rights to info from The Silmarillion or Unfinished Tales!) but it just seemed a way to waste time and SSTTRREETTCCHHHHHH the film out... :0(

wednesday night: 'prometheus'...when i first saw this at the cinema i never rated it very much...but i have seen it a few times and it kinda seems to have grown on me; once you get over the entire 'its not a prequel'-thing and accept that it IS a prequel (of sorts anyway...dont let the fact they are on the wrong planet fool you!) then you can just go along with it...and it was better than the recent AvP2... :0S
post #138 of 138 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 01:52 PM

The last movie I watched was Thor2 last weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode