Films With Better Sequels? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 07:50 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Two Towers was the worst of the lot, and Fellowship was the best.

The death of Boromir was a shocker (despite having read the book, I was also expecting that to be the opening scene of The Two Towers), but with the Balrog, Bilbo's Party, and the creation of the Uruk's, awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 07:56 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dīnadan View Post
Agreed with Baron Spikey and Angel of Blood, FotR was better than RotK. I think the main problem with the RotK film is that the ending seems a bit rushed as there's a quite a bit to cover and not enough time to cover it in whereas the book was able to take its time.
I really hope this is sarcasm. I love ROTK but it had about 700 endings too many.

I agree with Dark knight and spidey, but both of the first films are restrained by the origin story. I'd throw X-men 2 in this list as well.

Whilst they are pretty different films, i find Evil Dead 2 better than evil dead in almost every way.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 08:00 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

I still get a shiver down my spine when I watch the scene in FotR where Aragorn turns and salutes the charging Uruk-hai to give time for Frodo to escape.
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 08:09 PM

Dīnadan's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
I really hope this is sarcasm. I love ROTK but it had about 700 endings too many.
Like I said, the film had to rush a bit to cover the ending. If you compare it to the book, the book comes off a lot better due to taking a couple of chapters to cover the aftermath and wrap things up. Including the Scouring of the Shire in the film would have broken up the 'multiple endings' impression and allowed the film to end at a steadier pace (albiet by adding an hour or so extra to the run time lol)
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 09:38 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
I believe it is time for you to lower your drug utensil of choice, Fellowship was a far better film than Return- Return was a fantastic film don't get me wrong but it still pales in comparison to the tension and dread of the first film.
Each to his/her own. I found The Return of the King a more entertaining movie. I liked the epic battles, the massive trebuchets firing off chunks of the broken walls, the stabbing in the face of the nazghul by whats-her-name and the charge of Aragorn into the black gate just to buy Frodo that bit more time.

And for those who haven't seen the extended versions, they add so much more to the movies and the story.

I am now done voicing my opinion, back to smoking my hookah.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 10:55 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Each to his/her own. I found The Return of the King a more entertaining movie. I liked the epic battles, the massive trebuchets firing off chunks of the broken walls, the stabbing in the face of the nazghul by whats-her-name and the charge of Aragorn into the black gate just to buy Frodo that bit more time.

I actually agree; LOTR gets better as it goes through.

Terminator 2 was fucking awesome: Better than T1. Yet 3 + 4 weren't as goood.

Star wars 3 was better than Star Wars 1,2,4,5,6 (IMO; Don't nerdrage at me)

Also: Time for me to bitch at you Unforgiven302.

1. Where the hell did your 'The Stig' Avatar go - It's not the same.
2. You don't play World Eaters anymore?! Fuck you!!

I am now done voice MY opinion, back to smoking my hookah

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-10, 11:22 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post

Also: Time for me to bitch at you Unforgiven302.

1. Where the hell did your 'The Stig' Avatar go - It's not the same.
2. You don't play World Eaters anymore?! Fuck you!!
1) Your right it's not the same, it is different. When the US version of Top Gear began I protested by removing any connection I might have had with it. It is so god awful (the US version that is) it tarnished the TG image and made The Stig look like a fool. Stupid unoriginal American TV, ruins everything I like.

2) I still have my berzerkers, they are just part of the larger picture that is my Red Corsairs. There were way too many khorne armies in my neck of the woods so I decided to change up things a little. Around here there are dozens of chaos players yet only two play something other than khorne or black legion themed. One is a noise marine army and the other is a nurgle theme. No one has Red Corsairs except myself now. I still run zerkers at the core and any lords and such get the MOK with a bloodfeeder or some such khorne themed goodness. All is not lost, just under a different banner!

Oh, and fuck you too!

Back on topic...

Ever notice how great movies do not have sequels? One and done, no need to milk the name and take away from the greatness that the name conjures to the mind.

EDIT: I actually remembered a decent comedy called "Grumpy Old Men." The sequel "Grumpier Old Men" was actually pretty damn good, might even be a bit better than the first. Neither were great, but both are good.

EDIT #2: Stig is back as my avatar... all you people can quit your bitching now!

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 12-02-10 at 07:38 PM.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 11:20 PM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

People have already mentioned Terminator 2, Spiderman 2, The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, and LotR. I'd have to add The Mummy Returns as being better than the first one (mainly because of Rachel Weiss, of course), Superman II (KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!), and The Bourne Supremacy.

Edit: Unforgiven, why'd you change your avatar back to Mr. Helmet Dude? The last one was cooler!

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese

Last edited by Davidicus 40k; 12-02-10 at 11:23 PM.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 11:30 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Quote:

EDIT: I actually remembered a decent comedy called "Grumpy Old Men." The sequel "Grumpier Old Men" was actually pretty damn good, might even be a bit better than the first. Neither were great, but both are good.
Agreed! I loved that show! The second one was a lot better.

Quote:
EDIT #2: Stig is back as my avatar... all you people can quit your bitching now!
Ha ha ha, Oh the power. I was kidding mate; the Red Corsair was much cooler, I hate the stig anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidicus 40k View Post
People have already mentioned Terminator 2, Spiderman 2, The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, and LotR. I'd have to add The Mummy Returns as being better than the first one (mainly because of Rachel Weiss, of course), Superman II (KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!), and The Bourne Supremacy.
Oh shit yes, definitely The Mummy returns, that film was AWESOME; so was the scorpian king! Is that a sequal?

What about the Indiana Jones films; I much prefered the Temple of Doom to any of the others.

Tomb Raider II was better than Tomb Raider I.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-03-10, 12:19 AM

Davidicus 40k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
Oh shit yes, definitely The Mummy returns, that film was AWESOME; so was the scorpian king! Is that a sequal?
Kind of. I think it was really just a chance for The Rock to kill shit. I liked it, but Scorpion King was ultimately kind of "meh" for me.

"Consequence of Mercy" - Written for KingOfCheese

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode