Walking Dead - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 12:58 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I liked it alot, i love all things zombie, even the shit Resident Evil films are still enjoyable enough simply because its a zombie film. This is actually really good though, 'realistic' enough as far as that word can be used with things like zombies. Although much as i love zombie films/shows i can't help but just sit there and think all the time "dont do that!" "oh come on, what a cliche!" etc etc, such as going into a city, everyone knows you avoid the cities in zombie fictions ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 02:24 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

I cant wait, its on my birthday as well. what a great prezzy

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 06:56 PM

aquatic_foible's Flag is: Great Britain

i've been a fan of the comics for a long time, so was really excited to see the premiere. it was good. not totally gripping, as i knew most of the story beats, but it was very well executed.

the look of the comic, in terms of the "walkers", translated very nicely to the screen - visually the show looked great. and Andrew lincoln pulled off a thoroughly passable yank accent.

overall, it was a bucket of win. it takes a lot for me to sit down and watch a TV show these days, but i'll definitely check out the next episode.

on a side note, i believe the network has already commissioned a second series of 13 episodes...good times ahead

current wip -
dark angels seventh company
skaven horde
the warriors of ulthuan

foible - foi·ble / ˈfoibəl
noun: a minor weakness or eccentricity in someone's character:
"they have to tolerate each other's little foibles".
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-06-10, 12:40 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

The premiere was pretty damn good. Typical zombie movie-eqsue plot, but somehow the whole story just feels bigger. The series has three things going for it, I think; good acting, good writing, and the fact that they didn't shy away from showing some gore.

Imagine what a zombie flick would be like without healthy dose of blood n' guts...

post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-06-10, 11:36 AM

Supposedly the show has already been picked up for another season due to the premier being the most watched of any AMC show. Things are looking great for this program.
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-10, 12:39 AM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

guess what.
I fucking loved it.
even watched it again on FX+1

post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-10, 11:37 AM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

That. shit.was. AWSOME!!!

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-07-10, 12:21 PM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Just watched it, looks good so far.

Lets just hope that there is some sort of development in the storyline, and that the series doesn't head in the same direction as Flash Forward, V, etc.

I can see a lot of excellent potential in the series, but i can also see a whole lot of potential fail too.
Lets hope they get it right.

post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 09:26 PM

tartanic's Flag is: USA

I wonder about how much more they are gonna change between the comic series and the television series. I hope the leave a lot of the key stuff in and don't change it to much, but even if they do I will still watch it.
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 09:46 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Generally impressed so far. They have hit the tone of the comics perfectly in a few scenes, especially in the first episode.

When the second episode finished I was genuinely annoyed that it was over, which is good as that's the feeling I got after finishing every comic.

One thing that bugged me is the fact there was no adverts in the first episode on FX. The show is so incredibly quiet most of the time, having no ads just amped up the immersion dramatically. Then sure enough, for the second episode it stops every 10 minutes with a horribly loud advert for some pink twatty aftershave.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode