Remaking Some bad Movies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Default Remaking Some bad Movies

Just looking at the movies available to me for Halloween with the "Halloween Theme." Got to say wow. I am quite dissapointed. Out of all the movies out there I'm surprised that good movies get remade but some of these horror films are just crap. Halloween sucks, they butchered the Nightmare on Elmstreet series, Pumpkinhead is shit, soooo many bad films. They have some good concepts, I just think they need better imagination. Anyhow, what other films do you guys want to remade? They don't have to be Halloween.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 04:37 AM
The Apathetic Sociopath

OrkByTheGraceOfGork's Flag is: USA

The horror genre suffers the most when it comes to quality entertainment. I'm not sure why. Maybe the talent isn't attracted by the genre?

Recently I have been hoping for less remakes and more originals. Also the use of better directors and writers and less of big name actors. For example, Robin Hood, why remake that movie a million times when there are so many great fiction and non fiction stories waiting to be portrayed on the big screen?

I like Russel Crowe, but why use an older, pudgier actor for a part that was meant for someone with a little more youth?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-10, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

I agree. Not so much that they remade it, but its just that it seemed they remade it just to make a movie. I personally thought the movie was cheesy and the "Battle of Normandy" (lol when you watch it you'll understand) was quite disappointing.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-10, 12:52 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I didn't even bother going to watch the new Robin Hood, it just didn't even look that great from the trailers. Prince of Theives with Costner, Rickman and Freeman will always be the best one, if not purely for Rickmans Sherrif of Nottingham.

Dunno what i'd like to see remade tbh, generally only a few remakes will ever be good, Batman Begins for instance. I'd rather see other books or series turned into films or tv shows, some may argue that they can never be as good as the books because they can't pack the detail in the books can, but Lord of the Rings was brilliant, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was very good and many others. All you need to do is accept certain things must be changed or missed out and just enjoy the movie for what they are.

Me, i'd like to see some of the BL novels turned into tv series or mini-series. The Space Marine centred ones would be highly problamastic of course, but Gaunts Ghosts for instance could be made into a TV series or Mini-series if someone could do it well and had the budget needed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode