Will you tell anyone else that you watched - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Turkeyspit's Avatar
Turkeyspit's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 262
Reputation: 1


Will you tell anyone else that you watched

tonight's season premiere of Vampire Diaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
Guardsman's thoughts upon spotting a low wall: "Awesome, cover! This will DOUBLE my life expectancy!"
Space Marine's thoughts upon spotting a low wall: "Great, another piece of crap in my way..." That's basically how it goes.

Heresy-Online Ficton Competition 2010 - Winner
Sheep Don't Like Stones
Turkeyspit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 08:12 PM
Senior Member
 
loyalist42's Avatar
loyalist42's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hiram, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,939
Reputation: 1


Didn't even know it was premiering tonight...I'm kind of aware of the concept, but I don't plan on watching it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
loyalist42 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 11:41 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Boneyard
Posts: 2,026


No, because I didn't watch it.
NoiseMarine is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 12:32 AM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,214
Reputation: 58


Just read the plot, and it strikes me that how the hell does one of the brothers goto high schools if hes a vampire? do high schools open at night in the USA?Or is this one of those shimmery emo can go out in the day shite stories.Stupid hollywood messing with vampire myth mumble mumble

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 02:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Baron Spikey's Avatar
Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheshire/Staffordshire
Posts: 6,034
Reputation: 5


Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Just read the plot, and it strikes me that how the hell does one of the brothers goto high schools if hes a vampire? do high schools open at night in the USA?Or is this one of those shimmery emo can go out in the day shite stories.Stupid hollywood messing with vampire myth mumble mumble
I watch this and it's explained by the fact that there are other denizens of the supernatural other than vampires- in the case of the very few vampires who can walk in daylight; they were part of a coven that counted a powerful witch as a servant who charmed a small number of rings that kept the sun rays from effecting the wearer. Each ring will only work for the vampire it was issued to though, so another vampire can put it on but it'll just be a fancy ring for them, nothing magical.
Baron Spikey is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 02:59 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,214
Reputation: 58


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
I watch this and it's explained by the fact that there are other denizens of the supernatural other than vampires- in the case of the very few vampires who can walk in daylight; they were part of a coven that counted a powerful witch as a servant who charmed a small number of rings that kept the sun rays from effecting the wearer. Each ring will only work for the vampire it was issued to though, so another vampire can put it on but it'll just be a fancy ring for them, nothing magical.
Christopher Lee would turn in his unholy grave if he were dead ! Magical rings and daylight walking vampires, why dont they chuck in some transforming robots and pirates with laser swords while there at it!!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Turkeyspit's Avatar
Turkeyspit's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 262
Reputation: 1




The original Daywalker is angered.


But seriously, I don't particularly care for the whole 'ring protects against sunlight' bit. It's merely a plot device the original author used to make it easier for her vampires to interact with her human characters. It does, to me at least, remove some of the mythos from the vampire creature, but it isn't something that really makes me dislike the series (unlike say, turning into a disco ball under the effects of sunlight).

I'll watch the episode this weekend - never have the time to watch my TV shows live lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
Guardsman's thoughts upon spotting a low wall: "Awesome, cover! This will DOUBLE my life expectancy!"
Space Marine's thoughts upon spotting a low wall: "Great, another piece of crap in my way..." That's basically how it goes.

Heresy-Online Ficton Competition 2010 - Winner
Sheep Don't Like Stones
Turkeyspit is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome