The Walking Dead trailer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Default The Walking Dead trailer

Looks real good to me.D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 06:07 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

The whole waking up in a hospital thing is cliched, in all honesty. Well; just about everything in the trailer is. I am however, a fan of that looking forwards to this now that I have seen a trailer, only time will tell!

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

It is a bit cliched, but in a good way.;)

From what I understand a lot of the gore that would be in this was cut out for this trailer.

Like at 4:02 when he shots the zombie and it cuts away, that will not happen when you see it on TV. You see the shot hit and the head and explode through the scope.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 06:32 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oooh. I had absolutely no idea this was being made. What's AMC? I'm assuming some American TV channel perhaps. I'll have to look into this for my girlfriend. Cheers for the heads up.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

FX has picked up the rights to show it in the UK in November.

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/

Looks like I will have to wait until the DVD comes out.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 10:05 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

That looks straight awesome. I'm so pumped for this its rediculous...I think I'm gonna have like...a zombie party or something. I don't know yet.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 10:44 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

If it's anything like the comic, it shouldn't be cliche at all.

In zombie movies, they always have an aim, like get to an island, or escape from the mall, and then everone gets cured or the credits roll.....but Walking dead explores what happens if it just never gets better, never ends. The characters fight nail and tooth to acheive something, but they're still fucked. It's just extending their life by a few more days or weeks. They are the walking dead.

If you like the trailer i'd strongly suggest you read the comics, the characterisation is incredible and the writing is top notch. It also features some of the most disturbing displays of human desperation, and really trawls the depths of what humanity really means when the world falls apart.

Hopefully the series will be just as good, if it's as good as the sum of it's parts it really should be, just hoping it will deliver.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-10, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

I was going to get the Walking dead comic not long ago, but if I get one I will have to get them all and that is going to prove expensive for me......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post

Hopefully the series will be just as good, if it's as good as the sum of it's parts it really should be, just hoping it will deliver.
I think it will deliver what with Frank Darabont as Director & Writer (The Mist, The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption) and Robert Kirkman also a Writer ("The Walking Dead" creator himself) on board.

Nice to see two british actors in the series too.;)
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-10, 01:00 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic of Light View Post
I think it will deliver what with Frank Darabont as Director & Writer (The Mist, The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption) and Robert Kirkman also a Writer ("The Walking Dead" creator himself) on board.
Indeed, that's what I meant by 'the sum of it's parts'. Everything suggests it's going to be bloody awesome, and i really hope it will be.

Not sure where you're at, but have you tried your library for the comics? I'd already read them at the time, but our library got the first 6 TPBs about 3 months ago. Even if they don't have them you might be able to request them from another in your county.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-10, 09:05 PM

FatBoyFat's Flag is: England

I've read 1 to 12 of the graphic novels, it is a pretty damn amazing story, I do love zombies! I'm actually going to have to try and catch this when it comes out in england!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode