new ultramarines movie trailer 1 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Unknown Primarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default new ultramarines movie trailer 1

heres the new trailer for the movie. what do you guys make of it so far. from what ive just seen im not too impressed by the graphics to be honest but it is just a 1st trailer and maybe its still a work in progress.

one personal thing is i hate the aged look of the marine. just looks too damn old and makes you wonder how he can even pick up his bolter and chainsword never mind fight the enemies of mankind.

http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/trai...m_medium=email
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:04 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

"And the greatest of them all......are the Ultramarines!"

Did they really just say that fucking line
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:29 PM
Commissar Yarrick's Flag is: Zambia

It looks ok, just ok. Not great, not rubish. Just ok.

(This is what went through my mind as i watched it...
woooooo this looks cool...
HOLY POOP whats that! oh its just a space ship
WOW thats some bad editing on the face there, he isnt even talking in time with his face.
WOW there shooting at a hill, this looks rubish...
HAHAHAHA not anymore there getting shot WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

I looks ok.

GW stop making silly films and games and make some differnt little men for me to paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post

Did they really just say that fucking line
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Commissar Yarrick; 08-23-10 at 08:31 PM. Reason: ANGEL OF BLOOD is too funny
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:54 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Gayest thing ever... The Grey Knights are the greatest of them all...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 09:40 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

I found it horrible. Utterly horrible. Sure, they haven't really got the budget to make it a master piece but in my eyes it is very basic. I knew this would be a disspointment...

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Unknown Primarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

yeh i had my heart set on a dawn of war intro kinda stand visuals and this just disappoints me on the same scale of say how transformers did.

and the ultramarines line is just a joke. there are over a dozen more better chapter than the ultramarines i could reel off my tongue right now, clear john hurt is up on his fluff much :D
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 09:47 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Primarch View Post
yeh i had my heart set on a dawn of war intro kinda stand visuals and this just disappoints me on the same scale of say how transformers did.

and the ultramarines line is just a joke. there are over a dozen more better chapter than the ultramarines i could reel off my tongue right now, clear john hurt is up on his fluff much :D
For me it was the helmets- something about them just screamed 'cheap' to me.

Name these dozen chapters just so I can explain how many ways you're wrong (probably 12 ways at a guess)
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Baron is right, the Ultramarines actually are the greatest of chapters. Come on, held the Imperium together; responsible for beating back the traitors during the Scouring; were at the forefront of shattering the first encountered hive fleet and stopped them from wiping out yet another chapter world.

They exemplify the codex astartes, the thing that more than sixty percent of all the loyal chapters adhere to to one varying degree or another.

And if we do get a dozen chapters, guess I'll be tossing my lot in with Baron.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 10:34 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I'm sorry but i they are not the greatest chapter. They did not single handily beat back all the traitors at the end of the Heresy. Being paragons of the Codex Astartes doesnt make them amazing. Diversity is needed, The first and second wars for armageddon were won in part due to the Space Wolfs and Blood Angels unorthodox tactics and methods. The Black Templars are arguably one of the largest chapters along with the Space Wolfs and if they all came together as one would be an unrivaled force. The Grey Knights are without a doubt the most steadfast chapter, not a single one having fallen to chaos, more individually powerful then any other chapters marines. Or if your going to use they "they saved the Imperium after the Heresy route" then by that logic i would argue that the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists and White Scars are the greatest chapters as without them their wouldnt have even been a Seige of Terra, it would have been a massacre. Or again the Dark Angels and Space Wolfs are the greatest as they broke the Siege

Yes the Ultramarines are good, they have to be because they are GW poster boys, every new edition slaps some amazing new fluff onto them. But they are no means the greatest, none of them are
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 10:43 PM

WarMaster Sindr's Flag is: USA

Location: Diagnolly horizontal to the left/right of your adjacent positio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I'm sorry but i they are not the greatest chapter. They did not single handily beat back all the traitors at the end of the Heresy. Being paragons of the Codex Astartes doesnt make them amazing. Diversity is needed, The first and second wars for armageddon were won in part due to the Space Wolfs and Blood Angels unorthodox tactics and methods. The Black Templars are arguably one of the largest chapters along with the Space Wolfs and if they all came together as one would be an unrivaled force. The Grey Knights are without a doubt the most steadfast chapter, not a single one having fallen to chaos, more individually powerful then any other chapters marines. Or if your going to use they "they saved the Imperium after the Heresy route" then by that logic i would argue that the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists and White Scars are the greatest chapters as without them their wouldnt have even been a Seige of Terra, it would have been a massacre. Or again the Dark Angels and Space Wolfs are the greatest as they broke the Siege

Yes the Ultramarines are good, they have to be because they are GW poster boys, every new edition slaps some amazing new fluff onto them. But they are no means the greatest, none of them are
I agree the Ultramarines are good but not the greatest i mean really any true fan knows this, However all the other Chapters can be called great for different things.

oh look at the bolters they look like crap, anyone here watch the Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 2 intro trailer was so much better graphics why cant they do that.

I Vote Bring Back the Rainbow Warriors

Okay have a nice day and hit me up for Kf anytime okay btw if you dont know what kf is it's KillingFloor

“Do not ask which creature screams in the night. Do not question who waits for you in the shadow. It is my cry that wakes you in the night, and my body that crouches in the shadow. I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet that dances to my tune...”

- The Book of Tzeentch - Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode