Favourite Movie Quote - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

The_Inquisitor's Flag is: Wales

Default Favourite Movie Quote

OK, title says it all. What is your favourite quote ever uttered by a character on screen? Cinema has given us some hilarious, gut-wrenching or purely epic quotes over the course of its history. What are the best?

My personal choice is:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."
Gladiator, 2000

"Heresy Fiction Competition 2009 Winner"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 02:07 AM
Arbite's Flag is: Australia

Remember this well you people who plan for war. Remember this you patriots, you fierce ones, you spawners of hate, you inventors of slogans. Remember this as you have never remembered anything else in your lives. We are men of peace, we are men who work and we want no quarrel. But if you destroy our peace, if you take away our work, if you try to range us one against the other, we will know what to do.
-Johnny Got His Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
Blood angels - twilight fanbois
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 02:35 AM
The Apathetic Sociopath

OrkByTheGraceOfGork's Flag is: USA

Thats a tough one. I don't really think I have a favorite "one". Theres too many. Many of them are related to certain situations in the movie or are a series of verbal exchanges. Heres a few off the top of my head.

From Aliens-
Hudson: I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

From There Will Be Blood-
Plainview: Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy. Drained dry. I'm so sorry. Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
[sucking sound]
Plainview: I drink it up!

From Man On Fire-
[Creasy has rectally inserted a five minute time bomb into Fuentes]
Fuentes: A last wish, please, please. Please.
Creasy: Last wish? I wish...you had more time.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 03:01 AM

hippypancake's Flag is: Wales

"Game Over" -Saw

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules. Which is why I have to steal it." -Inception

The Undefeated 13th (SW) - W 3, L 0, D 2

The Swarm (Nids) - W 33, L 14, D 0

Da Waugh Squad (Orks) - W 5, L 9, D 2

The Gunline/Gundam Wing (Tau) - Under Construction
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 06:44 AM

jaws900's Flag is: England

"Madness. This is SPARTA!!!!!" - 300

"I was Frozen today!" - Suberban Commando

"Fuck you asshole. *click* Fuck YOU asshole" - Commando

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 07:24 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I have several favourite quotes. [Warning: Lots of Quotes]

Ray Embrey: [shows Hancock a comic book with a picture of a spandex clad superhero on it] What do you think of when you see this?
Hancock: Homo.
Ray Embrey: [shows him another comic with a hero in red spandex] And this?
Hancock: Homo in red.
Ray Embrey: [shows him a third comic with a blonde-haired hero] And this?
Hancock: Norwegian homo.

Hancock: [to Asian gangsters] If you don't give yourselves up quietly, I swear to Christ, your head is going up the driver's ass, his head is going up your ass, and you drew the short straw, cause your head is going up my ass!

Ray Embrey: Did you shove a man's head up another man's ass?
Hancock: [nods]

[repeated line]
Hancock: Good job!

Mary Embrey: [referring to Hancock] Did he... just take the whiskey bottle to the bathroom?
Ray Embrey: Do you want him to kill us all?

~Hancock

Rocky Balboa: Ya know they always say if you live in one place long enough, you are that place.
Paulie: I ain't no talking building, Rock.

Rocky Balboa: Yo, don't I got some rights?
Boxing Commissioner: What rights do you think you're referring to?
Rocky Balboa: Rights, like in that official piece of paper they wrote down the street there?
Boxing Commissioner: That's the Bill of Rights.
Rocky Balboa: Yeah, yeah. Bill of Rights. Don't it say something about going after what makes you happy?
Boxing Commissioner: No, that's the pursuit of happiness. But what's your point
Rocky Balboa: My point is I'm pursuing something and nobody looks too happy about it.
Boxing Commissioner: But... we're just looking out for your interests.
Rocky Balboa: I appreciate that, but maybe you're looking out for your interests just a little bit more. I mean you shouldn't be asking people to come down here and pay the freight on something they paid, it still ain't good enough, I mean you think that's right? I mean maybe you're doing your job but why you gotta stop me from doing mine? Cause if you're willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who's got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!... You know, the older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that's life. The only thing I'm asking you guys to leave on the table... is what's right.

Duke: You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out.
Paulie: I had that problem.
Duke: So, what we'll be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

Rocky Balboa: Come on Paulie, we're about to serve the special.
Paulie: Italian food made by Mexicans ain't that special.

Rocky Balboa: But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Mason 'The Line' Dixon: It's already over.
Rocky Balboa: There aint nothin' over till it's over.
Mason 'The Line' Dixon: Where's that from, the 80's?
Rocky Balboa: That's probably the 70's.

Paulie: Who's the criminal?
Rocky Balboa: He's a nice kid.
Paulie: He dresses like a bum.
Rocky Balboa: Oh, coming from a human hamper, that's quite a compliment

~Rocky Balboa

Chris: There's a job for six men, watching over a village, south of the border.
O'Reilly: How big's the opposition?
Chris: Thirty guns.
O'Reilly: I admire your notion of fair odds, mister.

[Britt has just shot a fleeing bandit off his horse]
Chico: Ah, that was the greatest shot I've ever seen.
Britt: The worst! I was aiming at the horse.

[O'Reilly is teaching the villagers how to shoot]
O'Reilly: Miguel, didn't I tell you to squeeze? Hm? Just like when you're milking a goat, Miguel.
Miguel: It's that I get excited!
O'Reilly: Well don't get excited! Now this time squeeze. Slowly, but squeeze. All right now, squeeze.
[Miguel shoots]
O'Reilly: *Squeeze*! I'll tell you what. Don't shoot the gun. Take the gun like this, and you use it like a club, all right?

Old Man: You worry about yourself. Are you ready for him?
[refers to Calvera]
Old Man: What if he comes now, huh?
Vin: Reminds me of that fellow back home that fell off a ten story building.
Chris: What about him?
Vin: Well, as he was falling people on each floor kept hearing him say, "So far, so good." Tch... So far, so good!

Village Boy 1: If you get killed, we take the rifle and avenge you.
Village Boy 2: And we see to it there's always fresh flowers on your grave.
O'Reilly: That's a mighty big comfort.
Village Boy 2: I told you he'll appreciate that!
O'Reilly: Well, now don't you kids be too disappointed if your plans don't work out.
Village Boy 1: We won't. If you stay alive, we'll be just as happy.
Village Boy 2: Maybe even happier.
Village Boy 1: Maybe.

[last lines]
Chris: The old man was right. Only the farmers won. We lost. We always lose.

Chris: Morning. I'm a friend of Harry Luck's. He tells me you're broke.
O'Reilly: [chopping wood] Nah. I'm doing this because I'm an eccentric millionaire.

~Magnicifent Seven

I told you there was a lot of quotes.

~Bane of Kings
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 08:00 AM
Tel Asra Nejoar's Flag is: United Kingdom

my fave has to be "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"-Mark hammil on finding out the green cross code man is his dad.

"There will be only one speed... ...my speed, NOW GO!!!"-Motivational talk from Vin diesel on how to cross A-roads at night

"You Bitch!"-Ellen Ripley to her future mother in law.

[QUOTE]
My personal choice is:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Gladiator, 2000 [/QUOTE

Listen to a band called Kataclysm, they stick loads of gladiator stuff in thier music. especially "in shadows and dust"

you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be thus...

1. Clean out the stall of the mighty god-emperor
2. feed the god-emperor 1000 fresh bales of hay everyday.
3. flagelate yourself for 16 hours a day
in the grim darkness of the far future there is only Bela!
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 11:54 AM

Saw Bolt with a mates kid who i was babysitting the other day this stands out fo me in my sleep filled brain
They need a hero Bolt, someone who, no matter what the odds, will do what's right. They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible if you're awesome! just the idea of the hamster giving the speach lol

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die."
The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must. There is no third best.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 11:14 PM

Starbuck's Flag is: USA

Too Tight?!?! TOO TIGHT!?!?! YOU COULD PARK A JUMBO FUCKING JET IN THERE!(in british accent)
- dunno it was late at night and it was on cable lol

Edit: By the way this is refering to a parking space
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-10-10, 11:27 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sounds like the 51st State?

Anyway -

Quote:
How bout that ride in. I guess that's why they call it sin city. Ha ha ha. You guys might not know this but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack. But when my sister brought Doug home I knew he was one of my own. And my wolfpack, it grew by one. So there were two of us in the wolfpack. I was alone first in the pack and then Doug joined in later. And 6 months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys I thought, wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure that I just added two guys to my wolfpack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode