Death Note - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-10, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

just started watching Bleach and Hellsing OVA, loving the english dub on hellsing sounds like the cast have been taking lessons from Dick van Dyke lol

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die."
The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must. There is no third best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 09:27 AM
Tel Asra Nejoar's Flag is: United Kingdom

movies, or series? i like the movies, not so much series(i got dragonballed out, like a decade ago). as to movies, id recommend Akira, Legends of Earthsea, Princess mononoke, Death note(live action), Blood the last vampire(both the 30 min long anime, and the live action movie), appleseed(original first mind, the re-makes cool, but watch the original first to understand it all better), Ghost in the shell(i also still like the S.A.C. series), Metropolis(it just fits, all right!), and some others i cant be bothered to read the spines of.

you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be thus...

1. Clean out the stall of the mighty god-emperor
2. feed the god-emperor 1000 fresh bales of hay everyday.
3. flagelate yourself for 16 hours a day
in the grim darkness of the far future there is only Bela!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 11:03 AM

Shadow Hawk's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hellsing regular is good as well as OVA as it focuses more around the characters. It is worth watching both the OVA and regular as they give you a pretty good overall story.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel Asra Nejoar View Post
movies, or series? i like the movies, not so much series(i got dragonballed out, like a decade ago). as to movies, id recommend Akira, Legends of Earthsea, Princess mononoke, Death note(live action), Blood the last vampire(both the 30 min long anime, and the live action movie), appleseed(original first mind, the re-makes cool, but watch the original first to understand it all better), Ghost in the shell(i also still like the S.A.C. series), Metropolis(it just fits, all right!), and some others i cant be bothered to read the spines of.
how good is the live action Death Note? How diffrant to the anime story is it? As for Ghost in the shell and Akira seen them both great movies as is Blood not seen the live action one again how diffrant to the anime is it?

The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must. There is no third best.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 11:40 AM

I cant say how different deathnote is, as i say, i stopped watching series about a decade ago. Akira is (to me and many others) THE seminal anime film. The blood live action is made of pure win. seriously. They even have the scenes from the anime in all their glory, with a really good expansion to the story(its a lot longer e.g. full length movie). Do you buy them all on dvd to watch?

you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be thus...

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel Asra Nejoar View Post
Do you buy them all on dvd to watch?

i try to whenever i can lol as for blood live action saw it HMV the otherday am gonna try to get it today if the bank lets me lol

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 12:07 PM

if its cheap, go for it. i always try to watch a film first, then get the DVD if its good enough. just sent you a pm btw.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

got pm cheers Tel

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-10, 08:00 AM

liforrevenge's Flag is: USA

My personal favorite is Eureka Seven, but I highly recommend this site as a great way to find new interesting anime that you will like. I've found all kinds of obscure stuff in there.

Current Record: 4/10/2 w/l/d
I don't mind losing, it's fun either way!

Games I play: Warhammer 40k, Magic The Gathering, Pokemon TCG, Pirates CSG, Other random video games and TCGs.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-26-10, 08:36 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hawk View Post
Hellsing regular is good as well as OVA as it focuses more around the characters. It is worth watching both the OVA and regular as they give you a pretty good overall story.
sorry, but the OVA is a direct Anime of the Manga, frame for frame almost.

the Regular 13 long series ends short, ruins the story by avoiding the true enemy, changes alot about the story through said 13 episodes just to field their sensored enemy.

the OVA, sticks to the true story, is fine in showing off the backstory of each character, since some parts of the characters are not shown until much later in the series, in which the 13 ep long didnt even get to.

blood the last vampire animated is awsome, havnt seen its Live Action.

Death Note Live action, think a very shortened Version of Death note if you include both Movies. if its purely for the sake the general story, the LA DN movies are great. but if your a hardcore fan of the DN series in both anime and Manga (which the deathnote anime was one of the few that stuck mostly to the storyline btw) then you may not like a few of the corners they cut in the Live actions.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode