Get him to the Greek - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-10, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Originally Posted by deathbringer View Post
His radio shows, his stand up, his interviews, his appearances on the big fat quiz of the year, even the self indulgent tone of his autobiography which i have read.

He also admits to it in several jokes and in many comments about how he reacts, everything has to be about him

Yes a few years back I was a huge russel brand fan but he has got old, his humour more stale and his personality ever more infuriating
Fair enough. I appreciate he loves himself, and he knows he does, but i still don't see the arrogance. He loves attention, and has developed a personality which garners it, but when he makes mistakes he handles it well, he doesn't play the victim when he fucks up (gets a lot of material out of it though), and from watching RE:brand and the Jack Keraouc Documentary he did, seems to be a decent, unbelievably honest person.

I can appreciate why people find him annoying though. The first time i ever saw him on some big brother thing he seemed like an enormous twat

Has anyone seen the film, or planning to see it? Or is this thread now for slagging off Brand and the trailer?

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-10, 08:24 PM
Emet, Paladin of Truth's Flag is: USA

my mom wants to see it, so I'll probably go with her

god, how pathetic does that sound?

it looks good, and I like Russel Brand. most of that percieved arrogance is part of his on-stage persona, like Larry the Cable Guy's red-neck-ness. he is that way, because it's his job to be that way. he gets on stage- and he's a douche bag, but in a funny way.

frankly most of his jokes (most of any comedian's jokes, for that matter) are directed at himself- at how big of an douchebag he is, which of course proves he isn't

Have you ever felt so at one with the world, with the universe, with everything that is, that you were overcome with love?

That is reality. That is the truth. What we make of it is up to us.

-One by Richard Bach

Last edited by Emet, Paladin of Truth; 06-24-10 at 08:29 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode