The Killer Inside Me - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-11-10, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Killer Inside Me

After some serious negotiations (read begging) we managed to convince our film buyer to get this movie to our cinema, and i got the chance to see it yesterday.

Personally i thought it was one of the best films i've seen this year, if not the past 2 or 3, but i anticipate it's going to split the crowd and it has already caused a lot of controversy.

The story follows a small town american Sheriff in the 1950's, portrayed by Casey Affleck who is fast becoming one of my favourite actors. His character is a respectable gentleman, well known and liked by the town's folk, who mostly spends his time calming the local politics and lending help to the locals with their everyday problems.

His character however, is a spectacular and thoroughly believeably front for the psychopathic and sadistic mind which lurks beneath.

The film is very harsh, and features horrificly violent and outright vile acts towards women, which is the basis for the controversy. This is an uncomfortable film to watch in places, almost to the extent of Irreversible in nature and impact - though thankfully the scenes are shorter and more forgiving.

Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson play the female leads wonderfully, bringing beautiful and endearing, yet flawed women to life.

The other cast members also do a fine job, creating an unsettling and intense vacuum around the main character as the body count grows, whilst the killer balances precariously on the edge of his presumed innocence.

If you get the chance to see this then i strongly advise it. Like many great films, it has very difficult subject matter but makes for very powerful cinema in it's exploration.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode