New Dr Who? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-10, 08:18 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Last nights episode of Doctor Who was absolutely epic. New Doctor, new assistant, new Daleks. Plus these new Daleks have real hierarchy. White for Dalek Supreme, Red for Dalek Drone, Blue for Dalek Strategist, Orange for Dalek Scientist, and Yellow for Dalek Eternal.
Yeah ive been waiting for the Daleks to come back properly without them being a 2-parter or part of the finale story. But i dont want them to go like all the other darleks of the new Dr Who which is to come back then all get wiped out in somesuper fasion. I want it to be that they come back and survive so that the Dr can encounter the Darleks randomly. Not as a seaon finale so that everytime they come back its the most obscure things ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-10, 09:18 PM

murdock129's Flag is: United Kingdom

It was great they escaped. No offense to RTD, but I hated how he made them always nearly extinct and coming back in more and more ridiculous ways, I'm glad Steven Moffat was able to get rid of one of RTD's biggest pieces of bullshit in the series and I hope he does more, especially bringing back the Time Lords at some stage

'Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you for only Chaos is eternal'

Online Petition
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-10, 10:02 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Still waiting to see the darlek episode, but I'm excited waiting to see the next appearance of the cybermen, They always seem the most real of all the villains as they are theoretically possible!

The new docter from what ive seen is abit manic and needs to have a bit more thinking behind him, this may settle down as the series progress though
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-19-10, 03:37 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock129 View Post
It was great they escaped. No offense to RTD, but I hated how he made them always nearly extinct and coming back in more and more ridiculous ways, I'm glad Steven Moffat was able to get rid of one of RTD's biggest pieces of bullshit in the series and I hope he does more, especially bringing back the Time Lords at some stage
Thats true. The Daleks just kept coming and coming. Eventually the reasons would become absurd. "One ship survived", at least now the Daleks can construct themselves again. Which means that when the Doctor encounters them they are just some of the Daleks, and not all of them.

Cybermen are my favourite as well. Glad they are coming back this season. And the Silurians as well, another awesome Dr Who villain is coming back.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-19-10, 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Personally I liked what RTD did with them; that the Doctor kept on finding the last groups of the Daleks and no matter what happened, no matter what was done, they always managed to survive to go on. It truly lends credit to them being one of the most powerful forces in the galaxy and that no matter what the Doctor does, they will never be wiped out.

Being one of his oldest enemies that can bring out the very worst in the Doctor, it was magnificent to see them play on the weaknesses they know the Doctor has in order to maintain their greatest victory these last four series.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 04-19-10 at 04:40 PM.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-19-10, 05:00 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I watched the Churchill episode and it was fucking terrible.

Absolutely abysmal. The script was shite, the premise of the episode was shite, the new companion was shite, the new Doctor was mediocre. He seems to have no perceptible charisma. At all.

There are some terrible episodes, and there are some good episodes though, even with good Doctors, so maybe he gets better when handed decent material. Can someone tell us about the new Angels episode when they see it? I no longer have access to a TV so will have to wait before I can see it myself, and I'd love to know if it's as good as the original.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-19-10, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Man I can't wait until that episode; I won't be seeing it next week after some reasonable prompting from a friend. Would rather see the entire two-parter rather than see half one week and the other half a week later.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-22-10, 01:31 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

The next Weeping Angels episode will be very good, mainly because the entire area is filled with angel statues. Some real, some not .

I want the Cybermen episode to air, dunno which one it is though. But its going to be great.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-22-10, 01:55 PM

lawrence96's Flag is: United Kingdom

I prefer the new bloke (Matt Smith?) to Tennant, but i never really like Tennant. Largely because one moment he (or at least the script) was all "I must follow the time lord rules" then the next episode was "I decide what happens not you, not the time lords, ME! and only me". either have him as an arrogant time lord or not, just don't yoyo it about.

I like Smiths energy, and he seems kinder.

But for the love of god why bring back the daleks again? yes okay they're decent villians but they've been completely and utterly destroyed about 4 or 5 times. either kill em off or don't, again stop the bloody yoyo-ing.

I wan't to see more sontarans, and more U.N.I.T, both of which are a match made in heaven. when Tennant left it showed a tantalising battle between ricky and that coloured (apologies if you dislike the term but i cannot remember her name) ex-companion and some sontarans. I want to see more!

Quisnam praesumo, successio
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-22-10, 03:01 PM
rodmillard's Flag is: Wales

The companion's name was Martha Jones; she was played by Freema Agyeman (who had previously appeared as a member of Torchwood staff in the season 2 finale - this was covered up by the fact that she said her cousin died in the battle of Canary Wharf).

I would love to see that story done in full - maybe as a Torchwood episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
In Nomine Imperator - Ecclesiarchy Roleplay
Character Places Still Available Here
In Character Action Thread Here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode