Kick Ass Review - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 02:23 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

yea but the box office is always stupid, so many of my favorite movies have been given bad ratings by the box office. i thought Kick ass was brilliant. i have no knowledge on how close it is to keeping the comic book story together, but i do know that the movie was a independent film because the director wanted to keep it with the same gore filled cussing comic book. I think the director was correct by doing this becasue the movie was awesome because of those traits. i know a lot of people made a argument because of hit girls cussing, but they do not realize that it was what made her even closer to the comic book character. ha they all said that children shouldnt be cussing so much, but its like the people who made this argument have never been to a public school. anyways i loved the movie its in my top 10 favorite movies.
1. Tropic Thunder
2. Joe Dirt
3. Tommy Boy
4. Kick Ass
5. Hot fuzz
6. Anchorman
7. Zoolander
8. Wedding Singer
9. 50 first Dates
10. Land of the Lost
yes i know theres a lot of adam sandler movies. but what the hell i like adam sandler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 02:29 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
yea but the box office is always stupid, so many of my favorite movies have been given bad ratings by the box office. i thought Kick ass was brilliant.
It's not a case of a box office rating but of how profitable a movie is, why should a production company finance a movie they're not going to make much money on when they can churn out a shitty rom-com or unoriginal action flick and earn millions in profits (the rom-com was an example, not all of them are bad as it's a genre that I strangely enjoy)?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 07:00 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
It's a pity the film did so terribly at the box office (and so has Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World)- seriously we don't deserve to have these decent movies made as they don't usually do well at the box office because so few people go to see them (despite proclaiming on the net that they 'totally can't wait for this to come out'), then we have crap like the 4th Indiana Jones which just raked in the cash.
the film did very well at the box office, it took double its production budget, which in movie land is very good, alot of studios in hollywood are happy as long as a film recoups its producion budget at the box office then dvd and blue ray is profit.
Anyway some executive must have been happy as they have started work on Kick ass two "balls to the wall"

off to see scott pilgrim today

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Last edited by bitsandkits; 09-05-10 at 07:02 AM.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 10:21 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Kick Ass did not do well at the Box office. It cost 30 million to make not counting all the money put into Ads. And it grossed 37 World wide. 7 Million Profit is not that good at the box office. It was outgrossed by Old Dogs.
That is just what it took at the cinema some of that money will go to Liongate or the cinema, so its profit is lower than 7 million.
So Kick Ass made a few Million not a success but still it actually made money which most films dont do now.
A sequel will fail I think, but I loved the film so bring on a sequel.

Can I have a link to the double its production cost because everything I have found have said that is wrong.

Scott Pilgrim has made around 30 million so far and looks to be doing well but I bet its out grossed by Vampires Suck

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 10:42 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It got bad ratings because of daily mail knobbers who still live in 30's thinking that an 11 year old saying "cunt" and the like was bad. And if it was, so what? She'd have learnt it in about 3 hours on the set in any case, and all 15 year olds know at least what one looks like, so stopping 15 year olds is a retarded motion by the ATLA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

It did 'ok' at the box office. Not terribly, but not really well either.

It had a lot of factors working against it though, in particular being a (barely) 15 rated Superhero film already slashes the audience. Almost every supe movie will be a 12A without question to ensure it can hit the entire teen market.

It had tons of negative press going against it, and it didn't have much to market either - a couple of big names, and a fairly obscure comic background. They did a lot of marketing for this and i think they did a pretty good job with it in the end.

I'm sure it will make a killing on DVD sales though.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 03:15 PM
nice boy, daft though !

Kick ass did $96 million world wide
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=kickass.htm

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Kick ass did $96 million world wide
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=kickass.htm
and meanwhile Grown ups is a week into it's uk run with $229 million under it's belt.

Why do these things happen

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 04:38 PM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
and meanwhile Grown ups is a week into it's uk run with $229 million under it's belt.

Why do these things happen
Because movies dont have to be good for America to go see them, to be fair though i think Kevin James is a comedy god.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-10, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Because movies dont have to be good for America to go see them, to be fair though i think Kevin James is a comedy god.
I'm quite fond of all the guys in Grown Ups for one reason or another, but the trailer looked like a steaming pile of crap and the film was much worse.

to get back on topic....what are the extras like on the DVD?

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode